X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Slab

The slab on my ranch home actually broke and started sinking due to erosion. Had someone come to repair and now I have a real disaster. After they poured concrete and it settled before it was properly distributed, they disappeared. Now I'm out a lot of money and I have an uneven, hilly floor. Please help with any advise.

Re: Concrete Slab

get a good lawyer and hang em! Guys like that give the the rest of us a bad name!

You can try to find someone who can drill holes in teh slab and pump concrete into it, your best bet would be to find a structural engineer and see if they have any ideas and can recommend someone to do the job for you well

Comment

Is there a sink hole beneath the slab? Broken pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        Is there a sink hole beneath the slab? Broken pipe?

Agreed, find and solve the problem(root cause), don't just treat the symptom(s).
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Yep, chances are, you'll have to take everything out and rebase the ground and repour. Sorry about your problems. Prep work is a must when it comes to building, if your prep isn't done right, this is what can happen. Getting money back from either company, will be slim to none, I'm sorry to say this, but I've seen alot of fly by's or/and hack, which they hardly ever even get prosecuted for the disaster they have created.....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I think doing this would be enough to level it. And have a well experienced engineer to work this out.
            Quality Builing Material | Best Concrete Paves

Comment

Working...
            X