Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basement concrete patch

Hello,
    Not sure if this is the correct area to post but I just need some tips. I've removed some of my concrete floor for plumbing work and was just wondering what method I should use to repair the area. It is a small area so I intend on using bags of premixed (just add water) concrete from homedepot/lowes. I am going to be putting tile down for the finished floor so I'm not sure how smooth I need it to be. Here is what I figure. Mix the concrete (not too wet...not too dry) and pour it in over my gravel fill. Then level with 2x4 and finish with trowel. Any info you can give me would be great!
    Thanks

Re: basement concrete patch

Put plastic down on top of the gravel for a vapor barrier. Sounds like you have a plan to me.

G3

Comment

Thanks,
      I read a post just prior to posting mine where the poster had a problem with the finish of his concrete patch. Just didn't want to run into the same problem. I plan on spraying it over 5 days with water as is cures about twice a day. I'll also cover with plastic. It don't have to be real pretty but want a good surface to bond the tile to.

Comment

does the rest of the floor have plastic? when you cut out the old concrete did you see plastic? if not then don't bother. 2x4 is fine just make sure theres no little burs poking up that you'll have to chisel off later . your thinset should take care of the rest.

Comment

There is no plastic under the concrete. I took it as needing to cover with plastic while curing . Would I even need to cover as long as I spray it twice a day for about 4 or 5 days?
          Thanks

Comment

What I also do, is I get a 3inch paint brush with water and smoth out all my edges

Comment

Originally posted by willy1094 View Post
              There is no plastic under the concrete. I took it as needing to cover with plastic while curing . Would I even need to cover as long as I spray it twice a day for about 4 or 5 days?
              Thanks
              well if its in a basement i dont know why youd cover it or spray it just let it dry. the wet paint brush for the edges this os ok just in case you have some lumps and inconsistancies on the edges but like i said before your thinset will fill the voids as long as there not too deep or too high.

Comment

Yes, using a paint brush would be a great idea. It will make the surface smoother and finer.
                Quality Builing Material | Best Concrete Paves

Comment

Working...
                X