Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question on the exterior of my house

Hello All,

We are in the process of remodeling our house. The interior is just about finished, so we've now moved to things on the exterior.

We just put in some new beds along the house and we want to have gutters installed to prevent erosion of the beds. We will also be replacing the fascia boards and having new shingles put on.

So here's my question, what is the normal order to do these in? I was thinking, fascias first, then new shingles, and then finally the gutters. Is that the normal process? If not direct me otherwise.

We will be doing everything ourselves, except for the new shingles.

Thanks!
    Neal

Re: Quick Question on the exterior of my house

I recently had the same thing done on a property I own and the order of replacement was shingles, fascia, and finally gutters. My reasoning for doing the fascia's second was that if they got damaged during the tear off and shingle replacement I wouldn't care as they were going to be replaced anyways.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The logical answer is to have them all done at the same time. At least, do the fascia and shingles together. The metal edge for the shingles goes on top of the fascia and gives a much nicer job if the fascia is on first. Gutters can be later, if preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        The logical answer is to have them all done at the same time. At least, do the fascia and shingles together. The metal edge for the shingles goes on top of the fascia and gives a much nicer job if the fascia is on first. Gutters can be later, if preferred.
        That's what I was thinking. The metal flashing was the reason I was leaning toward putting the new fascias up first.

Comment

Working...
        X