X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Building Spray Foam insulation Question

Last edited by maxfischersweet; 05-21-2010, 01:44 PM.

Re: Metal Building Spray Foam insulation Question

Have you read this one?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ing+Spray+Foam

Sweating from metal is a huge problem, now Texas on the other hand ?

I personally believe you need to do spray foam w/metal buildings, now there's no reason to stop at a certain thickness, more the merrier. Anything to slow down the heat loss, or cool air in your case. Spray, is better than blanket insulation, any day...... Plus the guys are already there, less man labor involved and job gets done quicker. Stopping at 2" or 4", is probably a bare minimum requirement in your area, keep going in thickness, if you can afford it.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Comment

Dead air space/pockets are always a good thing, this does help in the insulation aspects. Your on the right track, in your thinking.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Comment

Closed cell is stronger for the structure, meaning it will enhance structural strength in your building. It is also more water resistance than open cell. Cost more, and it is more sound proofing. This is all I can remember at this moment. Google it, if no one has anything more to add.

Comment

Comment

Wow! You have provide lots of information here.
                Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by maxfischersweet View Post
                  oh yeah my other question. how often have people had problems with pulmbing that was in the insulation. thats what im worried about. its all pex that i have run.
                  Uponor told me to contact the foam manufacturer to find out if it had been tested with wirsbo pex/ they also warned me to wrap any plastic pex fittings in 4 mil plastic and seal the ends before spray foaming, they were worried about the foam reacting with the plastic fittings.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I dont meant to Hi-jack your thread but I have a few questions..... I built a 30x50 building recently and the roof is metal (wood perlins, metal trusses). The walls are also metal with wood perlins. I would like to insulate it with spray foam, but dont know if I can afford it. Can someone give me a general idea on cost of this stuff? Also, I have all of my electrical done already, can they just spray over all wires and around all outlet and light boxes? I assume code will allow the wires to be in the insualtion?

Comment

Before you can answer the Open Cell/Closed Cell question - location has a lot to do with this. For example if you are in Lubbock/Amarillo then it won't matter too much about the cellular structure. If you are in Houston, on the other hand, then you definitely go open cell (provided your ventilation strategy is well thought out).

Comment

where is the answer to last question. as that man has really arosed a good question and it should be answered by some senior member.
                        Steel Buildings - Metal Buildings

Comment

What happened to all of the question posts?
                          Baton Rouge Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Working...
                          X