X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid 3 1/2 framing nailer

I have a Rigid 3 1/2 framing nailer. I was told the Bostich nails were the nails this gun uses. So, I am. Now here is my problem. The gun shoots 1 nail the the rest get bunched up and will not work. I have to remove the nails, straighten them out and reinsert them. Now it will fire another nail. Then I repeat the process. Can some one tell me what is going on? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks

Re: rigid 3 1/2 framing nailer

2 models. clipped head #21158 or round head #21153. are you running the wrong nails. ridgid says to go to home depot. lol with that. try ridgid support 1-800-474-3443. 8 to 5 est, m to f. have model # if possible. i believe round mag is black and clipped mag is silver. breid

Comment

Yup, Your firing the wrong nails... Dp

Comment

Thanks. You guys are all right. My sons gave this gun to me last year for father's day. I went to Home depot and bought the nails they said to use. Never listen to them again. With the right nails it works great. My brother inlaw scored though, He now get a full box of nails for his gun.

Thank you very much

Comment

It's amazing what the fellas in the orange aprons don't have a clue about. And when the give you the wrong info, they say it with such conviction you just have to believe them.

Comment

I learned a long time ago, anytime I want to pick up something at either Lowes or Home Depot, do your research online, get the right part number nailed down(no pun) and then go to the store, it has saved me a whole bunch of time and frustration over the years.. Dp

Comment

Sage advice.

Further I would suggest looking for a local framing supply and check with them. They can usually point you in the right direction, generally have many more options than the Punkin' Patch (Home Depot) and aren't as likely to make a gaffe like you experienced.

These types of stores will also have great selections on compressor/gun oil, hoses, fittings, rafter hooks, etc. where the Patch (HD) might not.

Comment

I have helped so many people at the homodepot,it's almost unreal.I helped a guy Find some backer rod foam,for back filling before you caulk.The guy with the orange apron,said they didn't carry it.I knew right where it was. Oh well.
                If you choose not to decide,you still have made a choice.

Comment

Last time I went to HD to buy a sheet of OSB that was 3/4" for floor sheathing I ended up with some random thickness that this googley-eyed dude gave me. It was such a joke it didn't even have a tongue or groove in it. Not to mention watching them sell this guy a ton of crap for his tub spud like teflon tape when you just put silicone underneath the spud when setting. So weird...tried to sell the guy the spud wrench too. I was just like man use the handles of a pair of channel locks!

Comment

Oh, how many times I have been in Lowe's and/or Home Depot and heard one of the "technicians of the day" trying to sell a customer something that neither the tech nor the customer had any idea what the item was or what the item did. I usually try to be polite and get the customers attention away from the sales clerk and help the customer to get what they really need or tell them where to get the item they need. And Yes, I have had store personnel ask me to leave the store for "interfering" with their sales. I don't mind telling them that if they knew what they were doing, and would be honest with the customer I wouldn't be interfering. I DO NOT solicit business while helping customers in these stores, but tell them that IF they happen to find a business card laying on a shelf close by, I'm available. My 2 cents worth, David

Comment

Originally posted by bigfish View Post
                      Thanks. You guys are all right. My sons gave this gun to me last year for father's day. I went to Home depot and bought the nails they said to use. Never listen to them again. With the right nails it works great. My brother inlaw scored though, He now get a full box of nails for his gun.

Thank you very much
                      Hey all.... newbie to the forum here.. Just picked my self up a Full Round Head Ridgid nailer, but here's there kicker.....

I bought this in Vermont, however I'm from Canada. Back home HD only sells the clipped head 30deg, yet the round head is a 22deg.

So for Bigfish..... what nails are you using? NO ONE here seems to believe me that the gun takes 22deg, and I'm very reluctant to buy 2000 nails I can't use for $120!!!

I travel often to the US and will pick up a bunch while I'm down next weekend.

Any suggestions???

Comment

Maybe order your nails through HD, from one region to another - we can get that type down here (southwestern Ontario).

On another note, regarding the OP's issue, that's why it's always best to actually read the owner's manual that comes with the tool, and then select/buy the proper nails/fasteners for the particular tool. Rely on the printed material/info that comes with a tool (and/or the label or sticker on an actual tool), not what someone else says off-the-cuff. It could have been a dangerous situation.

Similar to loading ammunition into a firearm, wouldn't you take the time to read and ensure the caliber/gauge of the ammo you're about to feed into a gun is the proper type for that firearm? If you didn't, bad things could happen. Why would you take any less safety precautions with a tool like this - it can also cause major damage.

Seems like just basic ownership to me, to ensure everything's a match.

Comment

I have the same framing nailer (R350RHA) and I use either Grip Tite or Hitachi 21 degree nails. The only time I have had a problem was when the gauge setting got into the wrong position and squeezed the nails. With either of those brands I think that you will be satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                          X