X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing moss/painting transite roofing

The only practical way I can think of to remove moss from a transite roof is to pressure wash it. Do you know of any products/techniques that would be better?

The shingles them selves are in very good condition but dull looking. Can they be painted? If so, what product would be best?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Removing moss/painting transite roofing

Zinc bar going across the top of the roof line.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Galvanized sheet metal is a good source of zinc. Allow about 1" to hang below the ridge cap shingles

Comment

Turns out the black roof is actually light gray. All the black is just moss growth and slippery as he11 once wet. I don't have the time to do the rest of the roof as just this one took 5 hrs. Insurance co wanted the moss off the roof before they would issue coverage. Hopefuly he was talking about the green moss and has no idea about the black. Snow will be flying before to long and a bit of moss on the roof is not exactly a priority at the moment.
        Attached Files
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

When I was in Vancouver, B.C. 10 years ago the Home Depot sold Zinc rolls about 3" wide (not Galvanized sheet metal). I asked what they were for and they told me to stop moss growth on roofs (it rains alot in B.C. and roof moss is a problem there). You slip it under the top row singles, exposing an inch or so and when it rains some zinc salts will wash onto the roof and kill the moss...eventually.

Comment

Working...
          X