Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Gate Closure

Hi,

We have 2 swimming pools at our apartment complex. I'm having the worst time trying to figure out what type of spring or self-closing device to use to have the gates close automatically. Right now we have the standard adjustable spring mounted vertically to the jamb and the gate, but they keep going a little slack. I hate this type of spring and want to get something else.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Pat
    If it ain't broke, I haven't seen it.

Re: Need Help with Gate Closure

TruClose http://www.truclose.net/ makes a good one. It's fiberglass polymer, adjustable for tension, won't rust and they have models for chainlink, wood, vinyl and metal. They are designed specifically to meet pool codes and will self close a gate weighing up to about 130 lbs.
    Last edited by killavolt; 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

The Tru-Close self closing gate hinge also comes with a limited lifetime warranty. We have used these on our own installations for 15 years with excellent results.

Comment

Or you could install a Norton 1601 closer if you desire more control over swing speed than spring hinges can offer

Comment

Have you had any experience using the Norton on a pool gate where it is exposed to the weather? Typically we would install a gate stop if the pool gate closes too hard.

Comment

Working...
          X