X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air stapler for attaching house wrap

I am putting house wrap on my rebuild garage tomorrow and I was intending to use a stapler and compressor for the job. I have a couple of questions. Is this a good way to attach the house wrap vs just using an Arrow hammer stapler? I have a Campbell Hausfeld compressor with a stapler that came with the kit. One concern I have it the depth of the staple penetration. I think the staples were going a bit too deep so I adjusted the compressor regulator to less the the minimum recommended 60 psi to get the depth to where I think it should be (flush). Is there any problem with adjusting the regulator to less that the recommended pressure for the tool?
    My OSB sheathing is 7/16" and I am using 5/8" Bostitch narrow crown staples which are the shortest ones that fit in the stapler. I did double check the manual on the stapler and there is no depth adjustments on the tool itself. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: air stapler for attaching house wrap

As long as the staples penetrate the substrate to your satisfaction, there is no problem running the regulator below reccommended minimums. Heck, the regulator could be off 5-10 p.s.i. I have a Porter-Cable narrow crown stapler and run it at 50 p.s.i. when doing underlayment.

Comment

No issues with running most air tools under the max pressure. My roofing gun does not like to feed the nails reliably much under 70 PSI.
      There is an issue with using narrow crown IMO. There is less than half of the surface area to hold the paper. I would use the hammer stapler or get an air gun that uses regular staples. I have a Cambell TL1012 like this one only in much better shape

Comment

There are oval-shaped discs that look like biscuits that you can staple down with an air stapler for putting on typar. You can also get short nails with washers on them for this purpose. Check 'em out!

Comment

Working...
        X