Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stanley's FatMax Fubar

Originally posted by CLDS View Post
    Its GREAt for riping out 2x4,s and 2x6,s and for prying stuff .If you do alot of remodeling work like I do then I would say heck yea get one.
    ya i guess i remodel i tear down walls put them back up and make doors and cover doors =D

Comment

The tool serves it's purpose, but at that price and I already own so many prybars and hammers, I do believe I'd pass on this one. Though I do bend up many prybars, a good solid steel bar would be of a benefit.

I did go onto Amazon.com and read the reviews on this tool, which I can clearly see they were done by DIY'rs. Give it a year and the tool would be half it's price, then I'll start to think about wanting to buy it.

I also do like the FaxMax line, which I'm into buying their hand tools. I do give a FatMax line a strong rating, some day I'll get that tool in my hand and I'll be able to rate it then, the quality of the steel is what I'll base my rating on. If I can put 200 lbs or more into that tool and it doesn't bend on me, then we know it's a good tool. But come on, that price is a little to high right now. Which this is just my opinion at this time.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I didnt think about what was said about the price . I picked my fullsize fubar up when they had them on sale for $24.99 back in 2007. I,ve put my full weight of 255 lbs on that thing and it has never bent on me .

Comment

my SIL like his, and is in construction not just a DIY, and was impressed with the features,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            my SIL like his, and is in construction not just a DIY, and was impressed with the features,
            I too use mine for my construction business.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
              The tool serves it's purpose, but at that price and I already own so many prybars and hammers, I do believe I'd pass on this one. Though I do bend up many prybars, a good solid steel bar would be of a benefit.

I did go onto Amazon.com and read the reviews on this tool, which I can clearly see they were done by DIY'rs. Give it a year and the tool would be half it's price, then I'll start to think about wanting to buy it.

I also do like the FaxMax line, which I'm into buying their hand tools. I do give a FatMax line a strong rating, some day I'll get that tool in my hand and I'll be able to rate it then, the quality of the steel is what I'll base my rating on. If I can put 200 lbs or more into that tool and it doesn't bend on me, then we know it's a good tool. But come on, that price is a little to high right now. Which this is just my opinion at this time.
              ya especially if your living check to check lol

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Agreed. It really doesn't offend me, but I'm surprised that someone in this easily offended world hasn't raised some sort of flag over the name.

Maybe they'll come out with a whole F series:

Stanley's Big F'ing Hammer

Stanley's F'ed Up Screwdriver

Stanley's Always F'ing Level.

J.C.
                ROTFL, thanks for the laugh man. So far the funniest part of my morning

Comment

I've used the small FUBAR before but the only thing I really like on it is the board bender. Estwing makes a hammer that does the exact same thing, it's called the hammertooth. http://www.estwing.com/product.php?product_id=600
                  Never used it but it looks better for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Marklar89 View Post
                    I've used the small FUBAR before but the only thing I really like on it is the board bender. Estwing makes a hammer that does the exact same thing, it's called the hammertooth. http://www.estwing.com/product.php?product_id=600
                    Never used it but it looks better for me at least.
                    Hmmmmm , I might just have to get that hammer . I own 8 Estwing hammers and 3 of their i-beam pry bars and that hammer would make a great addition to the set.

Comment

That Estwing looks nice. The Fubar wouldn't even come close as the quality of hammer, but I don't thing the Estwing is comparable as a board tweaker either. The fubar has a greater grabbing area and is shaped a little differently to accommodate for different board sizes also.

The Estwing is a nice upgrade for a regular hammer, but I don't think it's comparable to the fubar.

Comment

Hmmmmm , I might just have to get that hammer . I own 8 Estwing hammers and 3 of their i-beam pry bars and that hammer would make a great addition to the set.
                        wow i totally need that hammer

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41XQxasKYlc hammertooth hammer

Comment

woot tomorow pay day shark hammer and fu bar for me =p

Comment

Re: Hammertooth
                              Wouldn't that tooth catch on the hammer holster of your tool belt?
                              Some days I pull a hammer out of its holster hundreds of times, I think that big tooth would cramp my style.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairylander View Post
                                Re: Hammertooth
                                Wouldn't that tooth catch on the hammer holster of your tool belt?
                                Some days I pull a hammer out of its holster hundreds of times, I think that big tooth would cramp my style.
                                Never thought of that. Good point. The regular estwing comes out of the holster with ease, and the guy on the video doesen't seem to have much problem taking it out. Could be advertising conspiracy though... hmmm....

Comment

Working...
                                X