Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wow expensive hammer

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i was give one a few years back from a tool rep. back then the titanium hammer was around $70.

i do like the magnet as it allows you to reach overhead and start a nail.

problem with titanium is it's too soft and us plumbers don't use hammers like the framers. the checkered cross hatch is now flattened like a mashed potato

we pound iron and concrete.

rick.
    70 BUCKS WHAT HAPPENED?

Comment

Originally posted by woodman619 View Post
      70 BUCKS WHAT HAPPENED?
      Obama?

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        Obama?
        haha true dat =p

Comment

Some 20 years ago I did construction work in one of the large US military academies as a subcontractor. Obscenely good money.

In 1988 the main contractor would charge the academy $600 for a hammer (and he got paid) that was nowhere near as nice as this one.
          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
            Some 20 years ago I did construction work in one of the large US military academies as a subcontractor. Obscenely good money.

In 1988 the main contractor would charge the academy $600 for a hammer (and he got paid) that was nowhere near as nice as this one.
            wth? 600 dollars in 1988 thats insane

Comment

Originally posted by woodman619 View Post
              wth? 600 dollars in 1988 thats insane
              Don't forget the $7,000 coffee pot, and $180 "Emergency Lighting System" (flashlight).

http://books.google.com/books?id=hV5...hammer&f=false

Comment

I think you guys would understand the truth behind those inflated prices if you watched the documentary "Independence Day" with Will Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                  I think you guys would understand the truth behind those inflated prices if you watched the documentary "Independence Day" with Will Smith.
                  lol i love that movie

Comment

Even if you don't use the hammer to drive every nail the weight of the titanium hammers are substantially less than that of hammers with the same striking power made of steel and wood. I have problems with both of my hips so as much weight as I can keep off my belt the better, and if it costs me $300 for a one time investment to keep my hips in decent shape than thats something I will absolutly pay for.

Comment

Working...
                    X