Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PL 40 adhesive

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
    You don't even need nitrile for something like caulking. But anything that says polyurethane on it requires gloves.

Common sense, not so common.
    Any Dr. will tell a person to keep all caulking off their skin as a precaution. The body can have an allegic reaction to any substance tha it is repeatedly exposed to like caulks,sealer,paints,etc. Even having your hands in water for extended periods can cause problems. The proper use of gloves should not be minimized. I had an allegic eaction to everyday silicone caulking.......3 months later and 30,000 dollars in lost pay and a few thousand in medical bills it healed. A 10 cent pair of nitrile would have prevented that.

Comment

Re: PL 40 adhesive

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      Any Dr. will tell a person to keep all caulking off their skin as a precaution. The body can have an allegic reaction to any substance tha it is repeatedly exposed to like caulks,sealer,paints,etc. Even having your hands in water for extended periods can cause problems. The proper use of gloves should not be minimized. I had an allegic eaction to everyday silicone caulking.......3 months later and 30,000 dollars in lost pay and a few thousand in medical bills it healed. A 10 cent pair of nitrile would have prevented that.
      I was trying to say that you don't specifically need NITRILE chemically resistant gloves for some silicone... You could use el-cheapo gloves for that.

Comment

Working...
      X