X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses this?

Saw this recently. Wondering if it's useful to carpenters or does the triangle still rule?

http://universalsquare.com/

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-08-2009, 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot my link. Too much primer.

Re: Who uses this?

About ten years ago there was a carpenters apprentice using one while he and his journeyman were snap,plate and detailing for the framers on a custom's slab.

Wait a minute...They've added another 6" and a few gidgets.
    Maybe a down cut man for a framing crew.
    Last edited by drtyhands; 11-08-2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: closer look

Comment

Too bulky for the bags.
      If you know how to use a tape a speed square will get you there just as fast.

Comment

I use a speed square..fits in my tool belt...don't have to go looking for it...It's always..at hand....
        If you choose not to decide,you still have made a choice.

Comment

I always used a try square with a 1 1/2" wide blade, and for the few times I needed angles I would use a framing square. I bought a few of the other things but never found them better than just the Try square, (but make sure it is the 1 1/2" wide blade for framing).
          Attached Files
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X