X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhering wood baseboard to tile wall?

My bathroom is tiled to within a 1/4 inch of the floating wood floor. Now I need to cover the gap and I want to use a wood baseboard. Is it possible to adhere the wood baseboard to the tile. I could find the stud (in back of the tile and backer board) at the very bottom of the baseboard in some places but the baseboard would not sit flush with the tile wall. So can I glue it on? Thank you in advance.

Re: Adhering wood baseboard to tile wall?

I would use a polyurethane adhesive caulk and probably custom cut some boards 3/4" X 3/4" just long enough to go to the opposing wall and apply pressure until the adhesive cures.

That is my best suggestion without actually seeing the situation first hand.

Comment

How about matching molding from the flooring maker?

Mine offered 1/4 round that worked nicely.

Comment

Glue it to the tile,But cut blocks to flush the gap at the bottom of the wall.
        if you happen to kick the base,at the bottom it may pop the trim off the wall. I had go back on a job..that did this.scrapping the glue off the tile is a lot harded than back filling that gap.....
        If you choose not to decide,you still have made a choice.

Comment

P&L polyurethane would be a bulletproof choice in a high moisture environment. Don't use to much or you'll have a had time if you ever need to get the baseboard off to replace it.

Comment

Working...
          X