X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Door and Transom

Looking to rough-in and install a 72" X 80" interior French Door with an additional 10" transom. It comes as two pieces so I was wondering how you account for the rough opening. For the height is it 80" + 10" + 2 1/2" extra ?

Anybody have any experience with this type of door? Looking for some advice and tips.

Thanks

Re: French Door and Transom

It depends on the thickness of the head jamb plus the total height of the 10" transom. When you order the door the lumber yard or the guy in millwork at Home Depot should be able to quote you the rough in dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
      It depends on the thickness of the head jamb plus the total height of the 10" transom. When you order the door the lumber yard or the guy in millwork at Home Depot should be able to quote you the rough in dimensions.
      How did you know I was at Home Depot? I was just trying to double check the information they gave me. I had already received wrong information from Lowes.

Comment

Every door or window I've installed included accurate dimensions for the rough opening, from the manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
        X