Ridgid 3800 Pressure Washer Problem starting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3800 Pressure Washer Problem starting

I had stored my pressure washer on my trailer and it had tipped forward and most of the oil had drained out. The pull start has been stuck even after filling the oil back and pump lub. I have even held the pressure wand handle so it would be easy to start but, I am still having having problems. Any suggestions?

Re: Ridgid 3800 Pressure Washer Problem starting

Ok maybe I explained it wrong I had tipped over the power washer over to the front side and oil had dripped out the hole of the front of my power washer and the recoil starting had seized. I had taken out the spark plug and pull the recoil starting string with ease the bottom of the spark plug seemed to have turned black. I have tried to start the power washer with no luck but, now there is no tension. I then had used starting fluid sprayed it onto the spark plug and inside the hole then plugged the spark plug back in then pulled the recoil starter it would start with smoke coming out of the pressure washer. I would imagine that the oil went on top of the piston which had given me then pressure prior to beginning the process of fixing my pressure washer. I do this process over and over with the same result of starting for a second or two with smoke then stop. Does anyone have any ideas that would help me? Thanks ahead Roger

Comment

Re: Ridgid 3800 Pressure Washer Problem starting

Two things to consider here without looking up this brand and model: I'm betting that this is a horizontal shaft motor. If so, it would have to be tilted almost upside down for any crankcase oil to leak by the piston rings and cause a "hydraulic effect" on top of the piston. If it were tilted to the carb side it would be possible for some oil to get into the carb and give you smoke coming out of the motors exhaust. Another possible/probable problem here would be a bad seal within the pump itself allowing pump oil to leak by the bad seal and into one or more of the pistons of the pump causing this "hydraulic effect". "it would start with smoke coming out of the pressure washer." That's a hard one to understand. BUT/IF you were to have smoke coming out of the pressure washer pump without having the water attached- -this would indicate pump oil has leaked by a seal, as mentioned. You could remove the pump from the motor to see if the motor will run, only for a few minutes, and don't allow it to go to fast without a load on it. If the motor checks out fine, then it's time to check out the pump itself. Good Luck, David

Comment

Working...
      X