Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darn Plummer's....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Darn Plummer's....

    We poured our footers last Friday

    And the slab today(sorry forgot to take a pic)

    Now if I was the plumber
    I would have been there Monday to do my ruff in.These guys showed up yesterday after most of the mat has been tied already(we did wait on the bathroom end)at like 10:00 but then had to go get the fittings and pipe...wtf?We are right on top of them wanting to tie the rest of the steel.Then oops over looked a 3" pipe so I had to cut a strip of re-bar out to get it in My boss was pissed...told them that if this is how its going to be he would get somebody else.
    Now I know none of you guys would pull something like that...would you?

  • #2
    Re: Darn Plummer's....

    16 guys in the photo just to pump concrete footings

    this must be a city project

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Darn Plummer's....

      I count 17. One to take the pic. That may meet state quota.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Darn Plummer's....

        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        16 guys in the photo just to pump concrete footings

        this must be a city project

        rick.
        lol....Foreman is always telling the boss that he does not need that many.
        This morning 5 were laid off,me and my guys installed the last of the screeds,the ones we couldn't do yesterday because the steel wasn't ready or the pipes.Anyway I saw they had plenty of help so we put a roof on and the stick and seal tar paper,tore off some forms on another part of the job.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Darn Plummer's....

          I would have my rubber boots on
          So you didn't screw up one of my pipes

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Darn Plummer's....

            Originally posted by IamVince View Post
            We poured our footers last Friday

            And the slab today(sorry forgot to take a pic)

            Now if I was the plumber
            I would have been there Monday to do my ruff in.These guys showed up yesterday after most of the mat has been tied already(we did wait on the bathroom end)at like 10:00 but then had to go get the fittings and pipe...wtf?We are right on top of them wanting to tie the rest of the steel.Then oops over looked a 3" pipe so I had to cut a strip of re-bar out to get it in My boss was pissed...told them that if this is how its going to be he would get somebody else.
            Now I know none of you guys would pull something like that...would you?
            I blame whoever is the GC and/or superintendent. You should not have to deal with other trades in your way at this high of a percentage....and they (the plumbers) should not have to deal with you either to this degree.

            Anything going under should be in already before you start your setup, then double-checked for alignment.

            I make the GC hold the tape measure with me so that he/she KNOWS it was in the right place before the pour.

            I don't do complaints about it being "out of the wall".

            Depending on my hunger, I might have told the GC I'd put the plumbing in when you left. And some of the steel might have to be taken out for the plumbing.

            I know, you hate me. .

            J.C.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Darn Plummer's....

              I am not even a plumber and I personally would have kicked the GC right square in the fun bags! Someone obviously doesnt know how to schedule a job correctly!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Darn Plummer's....

                Well I'm not sure who to blame here but I do know that the GC has the plumbers(kid doing the work) cell number now.
                Some progress

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Darn Plummer's....

                  Thats nuts... We dont have basments here so I never see foundations done that way...

                  I did however see this smilie for the first time so I had to use it....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Darn Plummer's....

                    Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
                    Thats nuts... We dont have basments here so I never see foundations done that way...

                    I did however see this smilie for the first time so I had to use it....
                    We don't have them either,that's cut into the side of a hill.
                    Most house's are made of concrete here at Hurricane central

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Darn Plummer's....

                      Originally posted by IamVince View Post
                      We don't have them either,that's cut into the side of a hill.
                      Most house's are made of concrete here at Hurricane central
                      Oh, so that's the first floor of a house.... Gotcha... I would have thought in a region where a lot of concrete houses are present most people would have form panels instead of using ply wood.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Darn Plummer's....

                        vince why not block instead of poured in place concrete? of course poured in place is stronger, but much more labor intensive/ expensive.

                        is this common construction for your area?

                        rick.
                        phoebe it is

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Darn Plummer's....

                          I feel your frustration!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Darn Plummer's....

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            vince why not block instead of poured in place concrete? of course poured in place is stronger, but much more labor intensive/ expensive.

                            is this common construction for your area?

                            rick.
                            Rick we talked them into block for the next floor.
                            Some company's do use the panels but since we rarely build from the ground up(mostly we do the roof and inside)we do not have any.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X