• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work clothes work boots U.S.A.

what brand of work clothes do you where in usa

what brand steel caps boots do you wear in usa

red wings are so expensive in australia

i have worked in canada they had soel boots for snow i still have them they are very good brought at walmart

i also wear brand called carrat

dicks stuff is very expensive in australia had source from shops

is there anywebsites i should look at

Re: work clothes work boots U.S.A.

I wear Red Wing boots. They are more expensive. I have worn many of the others and have had long life and good comfort from the Red Wings.

Never wore "Blundies" though.

Clothing, whatever I can find on the cheap as they get abused. Second hand stores are good if you have any around.

J.C.

Comment

I wear dickies pants, and some weird fast drying shirts from our laundry service. Boots are Justin. I get the made in Mexico Justin Basics, wear out a pair every 6-8 months. Used to do Wolverine Durashocks, but I got tired of paying $120 every 6 months.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I was real fussy about what types of work boots my crew would wear. I do not care for the waffle pattern soles because they hold the mud and dirt in there. I like the work boots with the flat bottom because when you step in something nasty, it will come off real easy with a garden hose when the boots are new and even easier on a lawn when the boots are worn in. Yes I did provide all my guys with the "booties" but there are those times when you have to run in and out of a house in a hurry and don't have time to slip them on. I also did allow my guys to bring a pair of sneakers to keep in their trucks for those days when they were doing indoor finish work for an entire day.

Comment

the best boots i have ever had were red wings line man boots with the flat sole no pattern but last time i looked they were special order at 265$

i have been rockin wolverine gore tex for a few months. the soles were fast.

i wear dickies from wall mart fast and easy. but i dont like that the shirts are not fitted. I`m sitll looking

i dont have the beer gut so my shirts are poofy.
          Last edited by ranman; 07-03-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Red wings are by far my favorite boot. For sevice I now use a nonlace up pair and they are great. I think red cap is the brand of work uniform I wear. I usually buy them used.

Comment

depends on what I think i'm gonna be doing most of the day

carhart pants, mostly carhart shirts

current boots are "Rocky" but my next pair will likely be "Wolverine's"

I try to keep a complete change of clothes with me so I can look clean and professional if I really need to

Comment

I used to go through a pair of sneakers working around the house at least once every three months. I bought a pair of red wings last march, and have only had to replace one pair of sneakers in those 15 months (which would cost more about $35 * 5 = $175 when on sale at the outlets). They've more than paid for themselves, even though I'm not a contractor; and they still have lots of life left in them. Its also very nice to have something water proof while shoveling snow or mowing the lawn.

Comment

is there website to order red wings boots dickes carrat clothes and get sent to australia

Comment

I always look for yellow shoe soles to keep from marking up a floor
                    40$ every 5 or 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by bazzabushman View Post
                      is there website to order red wings boots dickes carrat clothes and get sent to australia
                      This is what I wear. Pretty much no tread on the sole, that's what I like.

Red Wing shoe company has been pretty fanatical in the past about NO internet sales. Seen dealers that put them online and then a little while later a notation will be there that says "All Red Wing boots must be purchased in store".

Now they seem to be easier to find as I'm sure they can't police everyone.

This ebay person for instance. I'm sure that's a dealer that just sells there stock or submits to Red Wing an order for an "in store" customer when you buy from them.

Anyway, I wear the Red Wing 953's. Nothing special about them other than the flat sole I prefer.

They have consistently performed better than the Rocky's, Wal-Mart, Hermans, Wolverines, Mason's, etc. that I have worn in the past.

Links to some 953's sold. Don't know about shipping to you though.

http://www.theworkshoe.com/red-wing/...ngine&cKey=gMC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_1410wt_911

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

thanks for info my U.S.A mates

Comment

Working...
                        X