X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soffit repair

I've got to repair squirrel damaged Soffit and Fascia. The Fascia isn't a problem; that one I can handle easily. My problem is the soffit. It appears to be some sort of laminated hardboard with a smooth paintable surface. Does this material have a name, or should I simply replace with 1/4" ply and live with the difference? I can't quite tell how thick the current material is; perhaps 1/4"? I'd rather replace it with similar material.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: Soffit repair

Sounds like MDO . It has a very smooth almost hardboard face with a plywood core. Best of luck

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but the material is not MDO. It's some type of fiberous pressed material, kind of like rigid cardboard.

Comment

Used around here in the late '80's --late '90's, or something very similar. Junk in my opinion. Usually stapled in around here, staples rust, fall out/break, and the soffit comes down. I replace it with plywood after determining which thickness to use. Prime twice before putting it up. But then, I have the time. David

Comment

As said above just find out how thick it is and replace it with plywood... No difference then.

Comment

Working...
          X