X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tents?

Do any of you use quick setup tents for protection of an area/people while working?

Ex: Digging out a meter box and it's snowing.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Tents?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Do any of you use quick setup tents for protection of an area/people while working?

Ex: Digging out a meter box and it's snowing.

Thanks.

J.C.
    Hey J.C. I have been thinking about getting one of those phone co. tents for such tasks.. Or a pop up hunting blind ..Just keep the gun or bow in there just in case a deer walks by
    Last edited by OLD1; 01-09-2011, 11:43 AM.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Tried it, just gets in the way.

The small ones won't provide enough protection and the largers ones are impractical unless you have a wide open field. You're in and out of the tent so much that you're going to get wet anyways.

Best to suck it up and just wear the proper clothing.

Comment

tried a 10x 10 pop up canopy, but it was a pain by yourself trying to get it to fold back up.

what works for me is a 6' slide hammer umbrella. it actually pounds into the ground without an issue. tilts to block the sun and provides enough shade for the summer and camera work. stores easily a piece of 4'' plastic 4' long. cost $20. at costco

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

i have one and used it on some roof jobs so i had a spot to put my tools and drink to stay cool ,i also put a fan there so i can cool down

if is a job where i have to move unit to unit an umbrella works well
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

SewerRat said once he uses a pop up tent for sewer cleaning in the rain and whatever. Good idea. I like the umbrella also to keep the sun off me and it works well. Direct sun in the summer months can be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              tried a 10x 10 pop up canopy, but it was a pain by yourself trying to get it to fold back up.

what works for me is a 6' slide hammer umbrella. it actually pounds into the ground without an issue. tilts to block the sun and provides enough shade for the summer and camera work. stores easily a piece of 4'' plastic 4' long. cost $20. at costco

rick.
              I've been wanting to get an EZ-UP type tent but this would be much cheaper and take up much less space. Thanks for the tip!
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
              X