X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Window Walls?

Any experience with construction design where there are some parts of the structure that have what I call "Window Walls"?

The glass is like 8'+ high and even sometimes turns a corner.

Any sites to manufacturers?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Complete Window Walls?

JC, either your mind wanders a lot, or you are going to have a hell of a cool house when you're done.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
      JC, either your mind wanders a lot, or you are going to have a hell of a cool house when you're done.
      Probably just a wandering mind. I can live in a ditch with a tarp. Close now.

J.C.

Comment

JC Contractors
        You dream it,we build it....

It is obvious that JC sees the same thing I do.General Contractors taking our work from us,

Well there is nothing saying any contractor is better than I at working with his hands.
        There's something to do with the rest of the winter.Get my General's license.
        I know for a fact I've physically done more concrete and framing than 60% of the generals that have gotten their licenses in the past 10 years.

Now the only thing left to figure out is how to make my competitors comply with California's immigration laws.

One phone call and I'll have your info for you J.
        Let's see what comes from the forum first.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          JC Contractors
          You dream it,we build it....

It is obvious that JC sees the same thing I do.General Contractors taking our work from us,

Well there is nothing saying any contractor is better than I at working with his hands.
          There's something to do with the rest of the winter.Get my General's license.
          I know for a fact I've physically done more concrete and framing than 60% of the generals that have gotten their licenses in the past 10 years.

Now the only thing left to figure out is how to make my competitors comply with California's immigration laws.

One phone call and I'll have your info for you J.
          Let's see what comes from the forum first.
          There are alot of racist people here so the mexicans are fighting a loosing battle.

Comment

There is a contractor out here that had both glass walls of the exterior bathroom corner retract.You would now be tubbin' in the open air.

You would have to cantelever the weight overhead back into the house.If it has a second floor the steel is going to get expensive.

I can make that phone call today if you'd like.Gimme a holler.

Comment

Funny I'm reading this now at 3:37 am. I have set I.G. Glass panels for Years. We resume setting new big new I.G. Glass on our own floor to ceiling glass Eichler later this morn. Marvin makes what You
              are asking about. I have many glass cups, rubber rolling mats,
              and home made rubber tired dollys. You can borrow them if You like.
              C.L.R. Makes Kevlar velcro neck wraps, shirts, so You don't , hopefully, bleed to death, if You eat a panel.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

So what are you finding out JC.
                Is it do-able,the owners ready to go.
                Or they just like watching the dog run in circles chasing a weenie on a stick.

Like they do me
                Last edited by drtyhands; 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM. Reason: Balancer: "like they do me"

Comment

There is a contractor out here that had both glass walls of the exterior bathroom corner retract.You would now be tubbin' in the open air.

You would have to cantelever the weight overhead back into the house.If it has a second floor the steel is going to get expensive.

I can make that phone call today if you'd like.Gimme a holler.
                  No, no, no. Don't go to all of that trouble. I was just generally interested in how it is done as I see it in some places. The cantilever makes sense as I was trying to figure out how they got the pressure off of the exterior where it is traditionally load bearing.

And I like the way they look.

J.C.

Comment

So what are you finding out JC.
                    Is it do-able,the owners ready to go.
                    Or they just like watching the dog run in circles chasing a weenie on a stick.
                    I guess weenie on a stick.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      I guess weenie on a stick.

J.C.
                      Ouch....

Sorry

Comment

Working...
                      X