X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: owner/ contractor investigated upon death of a firefighter

charged with a crime or not depends on the district attorney but you can bet that the case will be litigated and reparations will be paid. There is no such thing as an accident, ask any insurance agent. There is always cause and there is always someone responsible.
    sigpic

Comment

Lets say that the situation is different but the same. mr SewerRatz says that the sprinter dealer is too expensive and decides to replace his oil and filter. He does not screw the oil filter on tight enough and while driving it falls off......the car behind him hits the oil slick and crashs and kills a car load of babies. During the investigation the oil filter is recovered and they ask who was the last person who changed the oil in Mr Sewerratz truck. They determine that the oil filter was not tight and fell off causing the accident.

Should SewerRatz be charged with a crime? Or should he just pay with $$$$????????

Comment

Unless somebody on this forum is a lawyer or a judge all we can do is speculate and make that determination based on our own feelings which as any lawyer or judge will tell you don't mean squat. Common sense is not all that common anymore. but, If I am the lawyer I'm gonna sue everybody that even looked at that truck in the last 6 months. I'll name Dodge, the dealership, Fram, Mobile Oil, Sewer Rat, his parents for having him, and anybody else that gets in the path. Then I'll sit back and hope the larger defendants decide to pay me off rather than go to trial.
        Last edited by NHMaster3015; 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Unless somebody on this forum is a lawyer or a judge all we can do is speculate and make that determination based on our own feelings which as any lawyer or judge will tell you don't mean squat. Common sense is not all that common anymore. but, If I am the lawyer I'm gonna sue everybody that even looked at that truck in the last 6 months. I'll name Dodge, the dealership, Fram, Mobile Oil, Sewer Rat, his parents for having him, and anybody else that gets in the path. Then I'll sit back and hope the larger defendants decide to pay me off rather than go to trial.
          unfortunately that's how the legal system works out here. everybody gets named and then have to defend themselves. that's why insurance is so high.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Yep and the whole health care mess could be cleaned up overnight if they could just get torte reform passed and place limitations on rewards and malpractice suits. but that ain't gonna happen when you have a congress that is 80% lawyers
            sigpic

Comment

A shame all around.

Just this past year there was discussion of installing sprinkler heads in a room w/ a fireplace during a residential remodel- especially for the insurance discount.

My first thought was no way could it be run in pex, as the homeowner was expecting, for this very reason!

A few months back I was shy a Viega 90 for a temporary hotwater baseboard re-route; what I did have was a few fittings which had been cut out. Rather than cut the collars off, I took them outside w/ the torch. Wow-liquid fire.
              Last edited by Bldr; 02-26-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

if i had to take and edcated guess on the piping. it would have been cpvc pipe. blazemaster is 1 brand out here.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  Just because a guy is at fault doesn't mean he should be charged with a crime.

ADD> What if during the "combing" investigation they find out a moonlighting firefighter help install that fire sprinkler system? You think that would make it into the report and that firefighter be charged or would it be swept under the rug? The only reason any time is being spent is because the guy that was killed was a firefighter. So its not if a guy gets killed....its who gets killed that gets you in trouble...especially when the guy who was killed works for the people who help investigate fires.
                  I agree this incident will get extra effort on the part of the investigators just for the reasons you state. I've seen it happen before in my area with shooting incidents involving police or members of the prosecutors office, and also with injured firefighters.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    unfortunately that's how the legal system works out here. everybody gets named and then have to defend themselves. that's why insurance is so high.

rick.

Sorry Rick but you dont get exclusive rights to this little doosey. Down here we look at the Ambulance chasers everyday but like cancer cant seem to get rid of them. Our whole industry has been turned on its end by these people. We have fught back against the regulators saying we will be responsible if they uphold the regulations but there is more money in hacks than professionals like most of us here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      I agree this incident will get extra effort on the part of the investigators just for the reasons you state. I've seen it happen before in my area with shooting incidents involving police or members of the prosecutors office, and also with injured firefighters.
                      Another one for the record books. Down here we have loyal dilligent and responsible professionals who actuallycare about this wonderful industry. So when we make complaints to the regulators about the big-boys aka the contract arm of the retail gas supply companies we get shot down because the regulators are too scared to put on the regulator gloves and investigate lt alone proceed. yeswe have inequality in many areas. It is totally disgusting how the victims identity and position determine the level of input into the investigation of the incident

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                        Sorry Rick but you dont get exclusive rights to this little doosey. Down here we look at the Ambulance chasers everyday but like cancer cant seem to get rid of them. Our whole industry has been turned on its end by these people. We have fught back against the regulators saying we will be responsible if they uphold the regulations but there is more money in hacks than professionals like most of us here.
                        true, but you call them solicitors and they wear blond wigs

makes me want to go visit and jay walk

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          You forgot to mention the store where he bought the oil, the manufacturer of the tires on the second vehicle, the city, the company that paved that street, the DMV, cancer patients, single moms, zoo animals, and Henry Ford.

Why is everyone so eager to sue everyone else? Is this how people make up for lost wages and unemployment in a bad economy?
                          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I also heard that the contractor has a bad rep for hiring the cheap labor and not using the proper licensed contractors , really sad the guy died, but once it is out of the news, it will go away like all the other tragic things that happen every day, look at our dumbass mayor, he has a little bicycle accident and now there is laws for riding bikes on the street, cause he scrapped his elbow

Comment

Working...
                            X