• Show
Clear All

Re: Drilling tile

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Use a drill and a drill bit.
    Smart ***

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    S-P-R-I-N-G.. L-O-A-D-E-D..P-U-N-C-H.
    Drill with standard 1/4" masonry bit and set anchor.
    I don't care if it is porcelain.

once your hole is scored with the punch there is no bit drift.

All day long...that's how we roll

Hundreds of holes done this way
    That's they key..hammer drill
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      Black mold etc...Instantly bumped the retile project to priority #1.

As soon as this is done, it's on to the kitchen.
      I had a similar problem a couple of years back, with a bathroom the previous owner had done. There was a slow leak that was probably there for years. I discovered it by accident, while repairing something else. There was no external evidence at all. When I got into it, found several studs were completely gone. The mold completely ate them away from floor level up to about 4 feet. The entire bathroom ended up in a dumpster, as I had to take it literally down to the dirt. Funny thing was, there was no mildew smell at all.

It's all new now, from the framing up. The rotted studs were on a load bearing wall, so the headers that supported the roof trusses had to be jacked back up about 1/2 inch. The stucco (about 1-1/4 thick) was the only thing holding that wall up. I used Kerdi in the new shower and then had a local granite shop cut slabs for the surround. Now there's very little potential for water to get behind anything. Also put in access panels so I could see behind. Don't want to ever have to do that again... although I do like framing. It's brutal enough to be fun.

Good luck with it!

Comment

Candy ended up finding some Ryobi Glass and Tile bits. Carbide tipped.
        The ends have a spade shape. Set of 4 was about $12.

Before turning I gave the drill a slight push and that drove the bit into the tile enough to score it. No trouble with walking or anything. The went through the tile like butter.

Drilled the four holes for the bar and the tip never even warmed up really.

Drilled 8 more holes for the the sliding door rails.
        Attached Files
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          Candy ended up finding some Ryobi Glass and Tile bits. Carbide tipped.
          The ends have a spade shape. Set of 4 was about $12.

Before turning I gave the drill a slight push and that drove the bit into the tile enough to score it. No trouble with walking or anything. The went through the tile like butter.

Drilled the four holes for the bar and the tip never even warmed up really.

Drilled 8 more holes for the the sliding door rails.
          Looks real good

Comment

Very nice. But there's no bidet seat on the toilet.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Glad you took my advice!

Comment

Glad you took my advice!
                And here I thought there was only one kook in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                  Very nice. But there's no bidet seat on the toilet.
                  I want one. When we get one it's going in the "mens room".
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Looks real good

Thanks.

It's not perfect but I'm happy with the results. Even though it was a small project we learned a lot for future reference.

As soon as the caulking is dry the girls can get all their crap (curling irons. 3 different shampoo/ conditioner bottles, razors etc...etc..etc...) out of our bathroom!

Comment

Glad you took my advice!
                      Yes Master, we couldn't have done it without you

Comment

Working...
                      X