X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telepost

A friend had a new house built for them 2 years ago and I noticed that the plate on the telepost is bent.

From the picture do you think this is something to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Telepost

Absolutely.

It looks like it is heading towards kicking out. There's probably considerable weight as well on that beam.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I would not want that on my house, looks like a failure that could happen to me, and it looks like it is in a location that if the post does move you will have some serious issues to deal with,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
        Absolutely.

It looks like it is heading towards kicking out. There's probably considerable weight as well on that beam.
        I agree! It can be remedied, but I wouldn't wait too long.

Comment

I don't know if your local code permits that type of support in lieu of an actual header, but I suggest cement filled lolly columns as posts.

If that is acceptable, I recommend LVL's for the built-up; each terminated joist should be attached securely & blocked.

Comment

Working...
          X