X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor wants sink on outdoor deck.

Is there a base cabinet and countertop which would work outdoors up against her north wall? Porch not covered. (Maybe later.)

She also may want me to transplant her indoor AMERICAN RANGE gas barbeque grill to the outdoor counter.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Neighbor wants sink on outdoor deck.

I would recommend building the base out of teak (sp?) If they want a cabinet, or build a structure out of 2x4s and wrap it with cement board and stucco, stone, or tile it. Then use a soild surface top, ie granite.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      I would recommend building the base out of teak (sp?) If they want a cabinet, or build a structure out of 2x4s and wrap it with cement board and stucco, stone, or tile it. Then use a soild surface top, ie granite.
      Thanks. She does not have much money.
      Wonder if I can use a regular drip-edge countertop with backsplash and paint the base cabinet?
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

How about a plastic type laundry sink. It will tolerate the weather,
        no cabinet required and it's deep enough to handle garden tool clean up

Cactus Man

Comment

on the faucets I have seen a freeze proof out side faucets used that feed a sink, use on the cold and one for the hot, (these were direct to the sink, not feeding any other faucet or fixtures),
          I have seen this used in a unheated garage, feeding a sink,

on the drain put the trap in the soil below frost line if it is to remain out side or water the lawn, if it going back in side the house, put the trap on the warm side of the wall, and not under the sink.

I have also seen a out side sink fed via a year hydrant (cold only),

In my barn I have two freeze proof coming through one wall from a heated room and hooked up with some hoses that feed the standard faucet in the sink, and it can be drained nearly 100% by removing the hoses from the freeze proof that are on the wall.

a red wood or ceder cabinet should hold up well,

do a image search http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl...outdoor%20sink

here is one using a laundry tub,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BHD; 04-10-2011, 04:08 PM.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X