X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about building walls with a concrete block base

Hey guys, I am new here. I am a hardcore DIYer. Right now, I am building a poolhouse. It is 35' foot wide and 7' deep. There are 2 interior walls that divide the 35' width into 3 sections.

The concrete is 6-8" thick under it and there is a 1.5-2' footing around the perimeter that is 50 years old.

I had a mountain of pavers at my place, and I wanted to put them at the base of the poolhouse. I have enough to go a couple feet high around the base of the poolhouse

So, the base of my poolhouse is made of concrete blocks. The concrete blocks are the 8x6x16 size and I stacked them with mortar 2 rows high. I will later add a 6-8' stud tall wall on top of this. But first:

I have added a 12" J Bolt every 3' to the blocks and set them in mortar to bolt the wall base to it. I also added one stick of rebar half way between each J Bolt and filled completely with mortar.

This leaves pretty much every other hole filled and rebared.

Is this enough? Or, do I need to do EVERY hole? Also, I did not drill any rebar into the slab. Should I get a long bit and do this?

When is enough enough?

Re: Question about building walls with a concrete block base

You have enough now. Start framing up your walls.

Comment

Working...
    X