X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 panel sliding patio door with 2 operating panels

Anyone know who makes a 3 panel sliding patio door with two operating panels?

My Mother had a 5 panel wall in her home in Florida that had 4 sliding panels with the one fixed panel on the end. All the movable panels slid to the left leaving a ~12 wide opening from the living room out onto the screened porch, it became one huge room. Each operating panel had a upper and lower bolt to lock it in place, you could open as few panels as you wished.

I'd like to replace our standard 2 panel slider with a 3 panel unit with two movable panels. Then we would have a ~6 foot wide opening out to the sunroom in place of the ~30" opening now with the current 6 foot slider.

I looked at Pella, Anderson, and Marvin web sites so far and have not seen what I'm looking for, but I am sure they can all make whatever you want if you have the money. I'm just wondering if there is someone who something off the shelf that would fit our needs.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: 3 panel sliding patio door with 2 operating panels

do a Google search on " Movable Glass Wall" or "opening glass wall" or "operable glass wall", a good number of hits come up,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I did more searching following BHDs suggestions and found a few.
      We talked about this some more and are now leaning toward a
      swinging patio door which will fit the existing rough opening.

Thanks for your suggestions and help everyone.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hi Bob,

Tom here from Home Depot's "How to Community". Was checking in on the forum and saw this post from you. Andersen, Jeld-Wen and others offer multi-door sliders. Just stop by your local Toy Store and visit the Millwork Department. One of my guys can give you several styles to choose from.

Who is a wise man? He who learns of all men.....

community.homedepot.com

Comment

Working...
        X