X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame On You Sherman Williams

Painting was the project for this last weekend. One of the rooms to be painted just needed some minor drywall repair and a little spot painting so off to the paint store I went. I took a chip of the existing paint with me and Sherman Williams matched it perfectly. Kudos to them for that. As I was leaving the guy put a couple of stir sticks into the bag with the paint and some other items I had purchased. A couple of days later, Sunday, I got around to the room which needed the paint I had bought Friday. Opened the can and proceeded to start stiring the paint and the stir stick broke! Now I know in the greater scheme of life that this isn't a big deal but cmon............I swear these pieces of junk were just a step up from Balsa Woood. I'll bet that the stir sticks at the BORGS would easily out quality those at Sherman Williams.............. Good paint....................bad stir sticks

EDIT: Of course if I would have gone to the much more famous Sherwin Williams paint store maybe I would have gotten better quality sticks.
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 08-15-2011, 05:31 PM. Reason: Took One Too Many Stupid Pills This Morning.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Shame On You Sherman Williams

I have bought crappy paint and was given stir sticks that you could not break unless you were trying with a skilsaw. Id take weak stir sticks over bad paint any day.

Shame on you Badger Dave for not having THIS!

We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Hey, I do have one of those however the can of paint in questions was only a quart can.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave when you go to the Gym work on your Cardio you got the strength part down. You can also use a old sawzall blade let's see you brake that.

Comment

I saw the head lines and thought what happened to there paint,

and it is the stir sticks, Glad to hear that that was all, it was, agree I take crappy sticks over bad paint,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Hey, I do have one of those however the can of paint in questions was only a quart can.
            It still fits... You should of had them shake it for you when you left the store. Good paint will not need stirring for 2-3 days or more
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

The painters paint Benjamin Moore ! Only paint I use !
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X