X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Failures - Metal From China

I've seen some instances, heard of some situations that pertain to the metal products coming from China that are just not holding up to any standard of reliability.

A plumber on facebook took ridgid threading dies and threaded regular black iron and black iron that came from China.

The threads were distorted, like the pipe was threaded without cutting oil.

On a well known talk show today,

A homeowner calls up and states that a roofer charged $12,500.00 to install a roof for them.

Not even 2 years later, the roof nails are all popping off not even 1/8" of an inch under the heads of the nails. This means any hard winds and this roof will never withstand it. The metal is rusting out prematurely. The homeowner never specified any particular product, the roofer used the cheapest to maximize profits.

The roofer stated "it's not his fault" and offered to stainless steel staple the face shingles for $2500.00 and instantly upon consideration, the homeowner found out that a home inspection would not pass with this modification.

And just because it is stainless steel doesn't hold weight to longlasting anymore. Too many grades being used out there for the reliability standard to be guaranteed longlasting.

Have you been victim to metal components/products that indirectly came from China?

Somewhere in the equation this all comes back to the lead based toy colors, the sulfur rich drywall, now the poor quality steel.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Product Failures - Metal From China

I have found it to be a matter of fact that majority of products I install are no longer trustworthy,they are going to fail in a short period of time.There will be failures and damage.

Plastic faucets,pans and tubs to shatter.Casting on rough valve bodies.CPVC,Blah ,Blah,Blah.

Fun hanging your insured Azz out for cheap manufacturing.

Comment

I've been hearing of some terrible situations with fiberglass tubs lately, making the $99 enameled steel tub a better install.

Crazy.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dezincafication is exactly this. Just making a lesser quality metal. Doesn't matter if it comes from Kansas or China. They know what they are doing. Viega contracts to China last I checked. Pay attention to that bag of fittings.

Many of us are of the age that we have been conditioned to immediately associate China with very low quality. For decades, that was true. Now it seems the QC and standard of the company though, not so much the location where it is made anymore.

J.C.

Comment

i don't even use gal nipples for water anymore. probably stopped using them 15 years ago even with american nipples.

never used foreign no hub, but i've seen lots of it.

walk into a costco and you can see the 6'' no hub for roof drains that's from china.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
            I've been hearing of some terrible situations with fiberglass tubs lately, making the $99 enameled steel tub a better install.

Crazy.
            Yep-Sir,
            You should see these things the flippers are puting into their houses.Plastic tubs with the density of a tupperware bowl.Of course they have a couple of styrofoam blocks for backing.I feel bad for those thinking they have purchased what they believe to be an improved home.

Comment

Working...
            X