X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation for open span all metal shop

I live in Idaho. Built open span 25 x 36 metal building several years ago. Now am spending more time in the shop as I am getting older and now realize that is a bit drafty (seams let air and dust in), and gets a little cold in the winter. Would like to know the best way to insulate it now. And if anybody knows about how much it would cost me.

Re: Insulation for open span all metal shop

How much insulation are you wanting? Do you want to just stop the drafts? Do you currently heat the space, or plan on doing so? Without a heater, I doubt you will have a space much warmer than the outside insulated or not. To answer your question, I do not have a good answer. You could hire a company to come in and spray foam insulation on the walls, that sounds like the easiest thing to do, and would stop the drafts. other than that, I have no other non labor intensive ideas to keep your space warm.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

right now I just use a 220 electric heater mainly to warm my hands because it is a lost cause to heat whole space. However with insulation I may it would both stop the small drafts and retain some heat, I may consider proper heater. Thanx for the help.

Comment

A hundred questions came to mind.

1. Are the walls finished or metal?
        2. How high is the ceiling?
        3 Do you have a HVAC installed or planning one?
        4. Do you have windows? If yes are they double pain, or single?

Comment

My building is a Duro Span all metal building that 13' at its tallest point. Walls are just the original metal. Only 1 window in front next to the double car garage door. No central heat planned just space heaters.

Comment

Working...
          X