X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firewood shed

I have been storing/burning wood for a few years now, and would like to improve my firewood storage. My current storage is basically two really big book ends about 24 feet apart, with wood stacked 4-5 feet high, and in multiple rows (covered with tarps).

Does anyone have any basic plans for a firewood shed?

Would like something like one of these, but larger. I would like to store 4-5 bush cords. I guess I could build more than one if required.

Simply sheds Firewoods Storage

Re: firewood shed

Don't have any plans, but 5 cords will mean at least 160sf for 4' high stacks (with no walk around room). Might be cheaper to get one of the metal carports shelters and close in the sides.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Agree with GoFer...some sort of metal roof shelter would work well.
      -C

Comment

This is what I have been thinking about, or nearly, I was going to go about 24 foot long, but similar to the design in the PDF or the picture, I really did not have any thing set in stone, yet, found this on the net when reading the post,

I was thinking of a concrete slab so the wood was not on the ground,
        Attached Files
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have one on the farm
          concreet slab with 4x4 treated post and a metal roof , cheap and there for a while

Comment

That is sharp.....i like it.

Comment

more or less I have the wood shed done, here are a few pictures of it,
              still have some trim to put up, but it is now being filled (slowly) (note: this shed was mostly built by teenage kids during a youth work week our church had) and it all used lumber besides the posts, (as you can see by the pictures some of the work was a little rough), but I think it turned out perty good in the end,

In the one picture one can see the pile of split wood that need to go in and the pile that still needs to be split on the left,

one of the main reason I built the shed is in hopes of not having to dig the fire wood out of the snow drifts, (and in hopes of a yard that looks a little neater)
              Attached Files
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
              X