Asbestos containing materials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asbestos containing materials

Either get the expert asbestos removalists in or run as fast as you can as it is just not worth the hassle

Tony

Comment

The Government is going to make the Cost of remodeling a older home so expensive that it will soon be cheaper to demolish and rebuild,

The thing I do not understand is say the lead thing, the lead in paint was taken out in the 70's. so why 30+ years later are we now making a big deal out of the paint on the wall now, in many homes the paint is no longer exposed and in encapsulated by latex paints now, and if demo does happen the dust is not from the lead paints,
      the same with the asbestos, how many dry waller installed it, mechanics dealt with it, tile installers and so on, and people who have lived in those homes for the last who knows 100 years? (I can understand the possible removal from some substances, but some of this is just stupidity, by regulators and politics, (my guess it is more for revenue for government, than truly public safety),

I realize that in quantity the above substances are harmful, but I have lived in a 100 year old house most of my life, my dad was born here, and only lived to 89, and my mother is 91, and she tells of eating lunch in HS, in the furnace room that was covered in asbestos, at one time lead paste was used for pipe dope, my Grand father talked about making paint from lead paste and linseed oil, and they made a lot of paint, for barns and house, (by the way some of that is still protecting the buildings), he only lived to 90,

would I recommend using lead paste for pipe dope to day, NO, (but the pipes will come apart 100 years later) was it a good thing to remove asbestos from products, for the most part yes,
      but there is a mentality that to day to ban it all and not consider the value of it in some products, (to find a good replacement for some of the band products has been very difficult to do, and has cost more and lessened quality and in some cases made some thing more dangerous and possibly more harmful, than the original products, (in some instances they had no effect either way, and why they were even there in the first place some times makes one scratch there head)

life is not risk free, and never will be,
      Last edited by BHD; 06-16-2012, 09:01 AM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

There was a case over here just about two weeks ago where the Magistrate chastised the Prosecutor because she couldnt impose a Jail sentence. The MAGGOT was caught a week after the first occasion and fined. Using our pathetic Legal System and the Filth that represented him he is on a time paymebnt scheme of $100.00/month. Of course he will default on this and cost the HONEST Community and taxpayers plenty more chasing him back to court to tell the Magistrate again what a piece of lying trash thios guy is. Still the legal system protects the filth whilst penalising the honest. our system in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
        X