X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Floor Transition Question

I need to remove a wood transition that partly covers tile and wood flooring. Can anyone give me some tips on getting the transition up without breaking it so it can be reused again? Thanks!

Re: Wood Floor Transition Question

I use a stiff bladed scraper. Put something under the scraper, like a piece of 1/4" plywood to protect the flooring and tap the scraper with a hammer to loosen it. Then use a flat bar and carefully pry up your transition strip. Pull the nails out from the back to prevent damage to the face of the transition strip.

Comment

I didn't see any mention of underlayment... While the current vinyl only a nominal 1/8 "... this military base is put forward 3/4 ", to be installed on the hardwood, (and 3/4 "higher than the adjacent based). Unless with a shoe forming, (leak highly profile of the foundation).

Comment

T- molding can be used for the transition of your wood floor within the same room, such as if you want the planks to lie in one direction in part of a room. For these transition , you must choose the flattest type of T- molding possible and then design your transition.
        New Roofing

Comment

Working...
        X