Is This The Ultimate Aerial Lift?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This The Ultimate Aerial Lift?

I need one of these. I don't know what for...I just need it.

Arrgh, arrrgh, arrrgh!

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Is This The Ultimate Aerial Lift?

when you get it i want to come over and play
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I think there is enough room to play tennis up there.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
        when you get it i want to come over and play
        I am buying a much smaller one today 48x96 platform, 25 foot high, electric

Name:  f761f727c9f0c3f6a34b4c46b107d17c.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  571.6 KB
        Last edited by Bob D.; 05-25-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I watched the whole thing and was mesmerized.

Comment

Yeah, I can think of a couple jobs where that beast would have been handy. We were running CI soil pipe and rain leaders in a high rise on the ground floor. We had a rough terrain platform lift, the biggest that was available back then (early 80s) I think. It had a 4 cyl Wisconsin gas engine, the platform was 6 ft wide and 12 foot long. We would load it up with a couple dozen lengths of 3" and 4" cast, a couple dozen fittings, a couple trays of 3 & 4" no-hub clamps, a RIDGID tri-stand vise, a couple boxes of clevis hangers and a bundle or two of 3/8 and 1/2" hanger rods along with hand tools, porta-band, a 6' step ladder, hilti drill and anchors and we'd be up there all day hanging pipe. There would be two of us on the reach. Oh, we had a radio too blasting away. And the lift had a generator hooked up to the engine so we could power our tools with out dragging a cord around which was great since the floors had not been poured yet.

Comment

Two years ago I had a job to perform a flood test on a roof of a building which had many peaked roofs and valleys, about 80 feet high. I rented an aerial lift, and proceeded to ascend to the parapet. Now I notice those boom lifts are scary above 60 feet! Every time I breathed the basket would move sideways two feet. I couldn't get past 70 feet high.
              To make matters worse, I got the articulating lift which wobbles more. I wound up parking the machine, lassoing a rope to the galvanized vent stacks, tying it to my fall arrestor, and completed the job. I trust my arms no matter how high, but I could not get myself to trust the machine.
              I did the test by walking around with my sewer camera, while the inspector witnessed the test inside the building on the screen.

Comment

we have 4 lifts one is about 4x8 and goes up 25 ft ,it has no extendable platform
                one is very old and goes over stone and grass with out a problem its a thin one
                another is one that goes through a single door with an extendable platform
                and we have a one man lift that you can drive around
                i dont know how we would do work with out them
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I have a 25' boom lift, 3' x 8' platform.
                  Paid for itself on the 1st job.
                  Anyone in the northeast who can overhaul it?

Comment

If you can't play tennis up on that thing you can certainly get a great game of ping-pong going!
                    Any fool can write a book and most of them are doing it; but it takes brains to build a house.

Everyone needs equipment storage

Comment

very impressive piece of equipment. and i'm sure a very impressive price tag.

probably something you rent first before you buy.

my guess is 125k

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X