Garage teardown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage teardown

We have lake property that had an old single bay garage. The garage itself was fairly well built, but there were some issues: it was 4-5 inches below grade so it filled with water, the bottom plate was dry mostly rotted, it blocked our view of the lake, we didn't use it. So this past weekend, we tore it down.

My wife made pulled pork, our friends made potato salad, and I brought a 5 gallon keg with homebrew. Neighbors came out and pitched in far more than we expected, and we had a great time. Now the plan is to fill the pad with pea gravel and start relaxing!

Side view, looking toward lake:

Other side:

After some surgical chainsaw work:

Our very tan neighbor volunteered his tractor, cable, and pulley:

Removing 2 layers of shingles to go into dumpster, tongue and groove sheathing took effort:

Closing in on the end:

A little time to relax:

Re: Garage teardown

look like you had a good time and got a lot accomplished,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      look like you had a good time and got a lot accomplished,
      We did. Nobody got hurt besides a few minor scratches, everybody ate well and slept well after. I'm still a little sore 4 days later, though!

Comment

We love pulled pork, and I have a BIG Back Hoe, call Me next time! LOVE BLACK LABS TOO.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X