tile in trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tile in trailer

So i'm remodeling my bathroom. Im wondering what my floor covering options are. I would like some ceramic tile, but i'm deathly afraid its going to turn out bad in the long run. What are my options. Bathroom has been demod to the floor joists

Re: tile in trailer

What are the floor joists in the trailer made of. Any plans to ever move it? If you do tile, make sure the sub structure (floor sheeting and base, mud, self level or backer) is 1 1/4". Also, use some type of crack isolation like Redgard or the equivalent. Make sure to use a good thinset that has some flex to it. Not cheap $12.00 a bag junk, its going to be around 30 bucks a bag. I personally use custom building products Prolite thinset, I like it the best. I also us the CBP grout as well, I try to use their Prism line exclusively for its durability and ease of use. Heck, my brother spilled white ceiling paint on the latest.floor I did last week, no sealer has been put on it, and the paint wiped off with nothing but water, no sign of the paint (dark brown grout). It's suppose to have some flex to it as well. Don't write of the tile yet, I think its possible. What is the o/c spacing of the joists?

Comment

Joists are wood actually. Was thinking of laying 3/4 inch ply wood, then laying another layer of 3/4 but in a different pattern and using 50# of screws per sheet and some wood glue. I think I can shore the floor up easy enough, but I know there is always going to be some flex to a wood floor.

And its never going to be moved. I've got sheetrock and crap like that, that wouldn't take driving down the road.

Comment

What are the size of your joists? What are they spaced? Make sure they can support the weight before you beef up your subfloor. You can do all the beefing up of the subfloor you want, but it will do no good of your joist are spanned too far apart, too small, or were not set up to support the weight in the frist place.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Joists are 21 inches apart. I'm going to add a board in between all of them. Looking at all my flooring options for the bathroom now.

How well would a floating wood floor do? Or glue down linoleum? I know in a regular how this stuff will act but i'm afraid of how much expansion and contraction and flex will be happening in a trailer.

And no. i'm not going to be doing the work. I only get on my knees once a year. And that's between me and my boss!

Comment

I think you should consult with a good constructor. It will be possible that self renovation create some big problem.
            drywall calgary

Comment

floating wood or floating lino are good choices you would be amazed at the look of some floating lino they have. Real thick stuff no glue just double stick tape under heavy appliances and at doorways, stuff just lays down flat.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Hi,
                I think you should go ahead with the placing of the tile. Just a few things you need to keep in mind. Make sure you know the sizes of the joists and how are the joists spaced? Before beefing up your sub floor, make sure they can support the weight.
                Or another easy way would be if you consult a contractor, so that you don't land up with any other further problems.
                New Roofing

Comment

Hi everyone today am here to share something with you which is that floating wood or floating lino are good choices you would be amazed at the look of some floating lino they have. Real thick stuff no glue just double stick tape under heavy appliances and at doorways,

Comment

Working...
                  X