No announcement yet.

Stone deck

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone deck

We plan to build a small deck of 5'x16.5', which is about 2' above the ground between my house and the travertine patio (850sqft). I was thinking use wood/plastic/composite. We are thinking about using travertine pavers as its decking material now. I did some research online and found two prebuilt system for stone/paver deck:

Silca System and GrateDex.

Is there anybody used them or similar products before?

I have attached 3 photos. Two of them are my planned deck site and another is a sample I want to follow (with stone wall/support).
    Attached Files

Re: Stone deck

Either should work. Did you put a footer under the stone wall ?

If that were my project I would close up the window, water proof it, tear out the stone wall, tear out the top step, pour a footer below the frost line for the wall & steps from the deck to the ground, build a block or concrete wall with weep holes, put the cable in conduit, back fill with stone, pour a concrete slab, face the wall with the stone & then I would put the pavers on top of the slab.

Re: Stone deck

You can use Silca System,which is a structural underlayment for elevated decks that is connected to wood floors, providing a variety of decking materials such as stone, brick ,slate. Silca System is known for strength and easy installation to create an attractive, long lasting and low maintenance deck.
      New Roofing