Glensheen Mansion in Duluth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glensheen Mansion in Duluth

Have any of you toured the Glensheen Mansion in Duluth MN? If so, did you get the full tour, the one that lets you see the attic? That house is amazing, its honestly built exactly the way I want to build a house some day, no crappy wood studs! How many of you have seen the construction of the home, even if you havent actually been there or at least heard of how it was constructed? Yeah yeah, some lady got murdered there in the 70's... I couldn't careless, the absolutely amazing attention to detail and thought out construction of a house that old blew me away. Hell, the showers had body jets... BODY JETS and it was built in the early 1900's. The master shower was outfitted for over 20 shower heads (IIRC from my tour a couple weeks ago)

Anyone that loves this stuff should tour this house some day, you will be greatly amazed. Heck, the radiators in every room were connected to a thermostat in each room for "zone" heating... in 1905!!!

Re: Glensheen Mansion in Duluth

Alpha, You know we do things right in Minnesota!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Glensheen Mansion in Duluth

Steel trusses for rafters and poured concrete floors... damn thing is built like a skyscraper!

Comment

Working...
      X