X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchors

I need to put a couple of anchors in to keep my daughter's pedestal sink from sliding sideways. Been away from the trades for a while and I wondering what is the latest/best anchor to use in ceramic tile glued to sheetrock (wall tile-4x4)The sink hangs on a bracket for support, but slides sideways easily. I don't think there is any backing to anchor to.

Re: Anchors

I prefer these...though somebody will be along shortly to explain why not to use them.
    Attached Files

Comment

why not just glue it to the wall? Once a neat rim of caulk sets it takes some force to move the basin. also caulk or silicone around where the basin meets the pedestal.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

From underneath the rear rim only ,use PL Constructive adhesive caulking between sink and tile
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

most pedestal sinks will have 2 holes in the porcelain to prevent it from moving and lifting. along with the hanger and caulking to the wall is required. i also caulk to the base to help secure.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I knew about the holes and caulk, I just wanted to know if there is a "new" or "better" anchor on the market.

Comment

I once used/assisted in sticking a pan down that had a broken foot to the mortar bedding with polyester chem anchor. That stuff went off like a teenager at a rock concert.

Comment

Working...
              X