No announcement yet.

Paint Removal tool options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben 2 months ago I did a redwood deck with turbo nozzle . Only way !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Since this thread is over a year old, I'm sure the job is done.

Comment

I ended up buying dewalt 13" planer.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Pictures ?????????????
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Here you go......
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• toolaholic
              toolaholic commented
              Editing a comment
              Ben You just gave Me the biggest smile at 4: 33 AM ! Thanks ,It's gonna be a good day! Kevin

Jet it man...lol

Comment

Hand planer works fairly well,also #60 grit paper with a 7 " grinder,if you can still find that grit any longer.

Comment

I guess 'Thermal' methods are excellent for removing multiple layers of paint. If the previous paint is peeling, cracking or alligatoring removal by use of thermal methods is often times the best choice. The procedure for removing paint is fairly simple; heat the paint till it bubbles and scrape it away. While you’re scaping away the paint move your heat source to the next area. When using thermal methods for paint removal you’ll want to wear protective gloves, eye wear and a respirator. You will also want to cover the ground with plastic to contain the removed paint.

Comment

To remove paint off of redwood, you could use a chemical stripper or try sanding the pieces, but this would be messy and time-consuming.

You can also try pressure washing or power washing the planks. However, the most effective way is probably to use a wood stripper.

Comment

What we normally do here is sand the wall. I think this would take out the paint

Comment

I am amazed on how long this thread has gone on, I hope he has figured it out by now,
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

My guess is that judging by the "banned" status of the previous two posters this thread was revived by them who most likely were spammers and commented on the thread in order to link it to some related product/service they are promoting. That's probably why it has been going on for so long.

Comment

Working...
                        X