X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Windows?

Any recommendations and/or brands for replacement windows?

Thanks.

Re: Replacement Windows?

I dont know brands. However, when working for the last hack...err... boss, I found that the more expensive the windows are, the better quality they tended to be.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I just purchased Reliabilt 3500 series double hung windows from Lowes. They are Energy star rated, have an aluminum frame underneath the vinyl and were of good quality for the price. I did 15 windows in a duplex with them, most 30x70 or 34x74 so they are big windows. I looked at a number of other suppliers but all were much more expensive or not of as good qualtiy. I was specifically looking for strength due to the large size of the windows.

Comment

Do it right the first time!

I replaced some single pane aluminum sliding windows with
        Pella dual pane vinyl windows I've had them in now about 3 years
        Not a single issue..outside noise level significantly lower, yelling inside is not heard outside ha ha

The difference in heat or cold loss is significantly cut!

I was tempted to buy a "brand-X" at a local big box store but decided
        this was not the place to be cheap! since this is not something you want to
        change often!

No Regrets,

Cactus Man

Comment

Jeldwin produces a nice window. Slightly upscale but all the options, i.e. argon, low E glass etc. are available. I put them in my house, new construction, not replacement, but the windows are the same. Buy from a lumber yard not the big box stores. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Anderson, Pella, and Marvin--all good brands. all have been in business for a looonngg time. Can't go wrong with any of the three.

Comment

The Reliabilt are made by Pella for Lowes apparently. These were low E Argon filled, aluminum framed vinyl cald double hung half screen. The 34 x 74 were around $220 each. They also cut the noise adn cooling loss noticeably. We will see over time how they hold up, in a rental you can't get much more severe abuse. Time will tell. These replaced Owens Corning Care free windows which were a complete piece of junk. I almost considered the Anderson fiberglass windows but there were some reviews of them delaminating in a few years, and I know vinyl has a good record for holding up to the elements.

Comment

Jeldwin if your in a cold area.

Comment

Working...
                X