New locator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New locator

I am looking to buy a new locator my old one is out of date (wont work in cast) and i lost the sond down a pipe. I was thinking about getting the NaviTrack Scout. Is the NaviTrack II better if so what would i gain? from the Ridgid wes site all that i can tell is it cost 2x more. i also am going to need a remote transmitter and an adapter to attach it to my spartan drain cleaning machine.

Re: New locator

i have the scout and it works fine. when the navitrak first came out it was very bulky. it didn't fold down. that was then.

i have 6 or so older locators/ recievers and the scout is as good as it gets

just bought the transmitter for sending signals down the pipe. i don't use my remote sondes much as my cameras all have them built in. i do have some flushable and some tape on. even some that attach to my snakes and jetters. even a couple of spring encased for push rods. i think i have too many sondes

do you own a camera? you'll find a camera is much better than a sonde and snake.

rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

i have an older spartan camera....its before built in sonds... so i was using a tape on sond with my camera. does ridgid make a tape on? i would rather use a tape on sond on my camera cable than dragging the drain machine around when i want to locate

Comment

This is the ridgid sonde,1"diameter and 3"long 3.7ounces and transmits at 512 Hz.I used it a few times,but much prefer using the camera instead.Hope this helps you.I use the Navitrack,it is a little bulky but never misses its target.

Comment

they do, but it might hang up. try looking at the "prototeck" line of transmitters. they have a large selection of 512hz. tape on transmitters. you can even attach them to a fish tape. you might want to try out a ridgid floating sonde. it's fairly small and fairly cheep. you can locate through cast iron too, 512 hz. might be small enough to get around the bends.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

do you have a link for prototeck

Comment

Has anyone tried the lmj-6 transmitter from prototek,they advertise it for ductile iron at low frequency of 16Hz.Would be nice if it did transmit through ductile iron,instead of losing the signal from the camera head transmitter

Comment

The lower the frequency of the Sonde, the better it will transmit/work in cast iron. The 16Hz sonde is a good transmitter for cast and ductile iron. RIDGID locators can be set up to locate the 16Hz Sondes. Simply go into the menu and select 16Hz and you are set up to locate prototek sondes.
                Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

Is Ridgid coming out with a 16 Hz sonde? The Prototek sondes do not have CE clearance and can not be used in Europe. Are there other sonde manufacturers who have this frequency?
                  Last edited by santander; 12-08-2007, 06:09 AM.
                  Regards,
                  Severin A Eskeland, Eskeland Electronics AS, N-1400 Ski, NORWAY
                  www.Detektor.no > Metal Detectors, Line Locators, Leak Detectors, Inspection Cameras, Data Loggers and Fault Locators

Comment

Working...
                  X