X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeSnake Micro - First View

Okay KUDOS to ToolUp.com and UPS. Less than 24-hours after I received the email saying my micro had shipped it ends up at my door. Total cost delivered was $222.96. My first impressions are this thing may be a lot of fun and a useful tool.

It seems to focus down as close as 3/4" and still give a pretty good picture. The quality of the picture and the build in general seems much better than the units I have now. The only thing I'm questioning for now is, right out of the box the 36" cable is too loose to hold it's own weight in a unsupported horizontal position. It looks like 24" is about all it will do and my guess is it will get even shorter with use.

I think I'm going to see what happens when I use a 2"X1" PVC reducer with 12" of 1" PVC or something similar as a sleeve for those times when I need to go 36" unsupported horizontal. Another option might be to wire tie a welding rod to it on those occasions.

I will keep you posted.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: SeeSnake Micro - First View

mark, how about giving it a blue pill

how about those fiberglass push rods the cable guy uses. i think they come in 4' lengths and screw together you can zip tie it to the camera cable.

mrs. seat down wants to get me 1 for my birthday she had to tell me so i wouldn't beat her to the punch.

give me a real working update. otherwise i'll wait for the trade show.

by the way, josh, who won the camera at the end of february

i guess it wasn't me or mark maybe it was mrs. seat down

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      mark, how about giving it a blue pill

how about those fiberglass push rods the cable guy uses. i think they come in 4' lengths and screw together you can zip tie it to the camera cable.

mrs. seat down wants to get me 1 for my birthday she had to tell me so i wouldn't beat her to the punch.

give me a real working update. otherwise i'll wait for the trade show.

i guess it wasn't me or mark maybe it was mrs. seat down

rick.
      The blue pill might be a good idea but then I may have to wait up to four hours to put the thing back in it's case

The fiberglass rods might work but I'm thinking with the PVC sleve I may be able to use it with one hand still.

Nice try with waiting for the PHCC show to see one but I'm sure you will have one on your truck long before that. Maybe we can meet for lunch one day and I will bring it with me.

Mark

Comment

I'm a little worried about the extensive knowledge you 2 have regarding these aforementioned blue pills

Joey

the apple pan in wla is always a good one.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I'm a little worried about the extensive knowledge you 2 have regarding these aforementioned blue pills

Joey

the apple pan in wla is always a good one.

rick.
          Joey,

I don't know about you but Rick and I were referring to the Clorox Blue Toilet Bowl Cleaner pills. Now I'm curious what pill you are referring to and why?

Rick,

The Apple Pan sounds fine just let me know when and were. Another old time spot down there is Jonnie's on Sepulveda.

Mark

Comment

i was talking about the fluidmaster blue test dye for toilet tanks

if i ever forget to take the fluidmaster pill out of my clothes before i do laundry, i'll need the real blue pill. joey will cut it off

either place is great. we're regulars at both.

dog, come join us, i'll bring that calendar for you.

check your calendars for a open time

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Should have mine today, seesnake micro, not blue pill. LOL Hey Grandpa, Whats fer supper?
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Winner was selected from 1511 valid entries. Below link was passed to the SeeSnake Micro product manger.

http://www.random.org/cgi-bin/randnu...max=1511&col=5

He ran the link once and got 903 for the random number. I then scrolled down to entry number 903 and got

Name = Thomas Labrecque
                Occupation = HVAC/R
                Application = "check heat exchangers and a/c coils"

Funny thing is Thomas only had one entry... another guy put in 34. Thats random selection for ya. BTW>.. I am gonna be sending an email out to all applicants letting them know who won. Along with a video of the application. User just responded with address and we just finished the video up so early next week we should send something out.

Josh

Comment

DAMMIT!

Incidentally... it wasn't until Rick's second post that I realized what the heck you guys were on about. When I heard "blue pill" all I thought of was The Matrix.

Comment

These Things Rock! We Can Not Keep Them On The Shelves. Everyone You Show It To Has A Situation Where They "could" Use It Or "could Have" Used It. It Is Amazing How Clear The Picture Is. Just Waiting On The 3' Extensions To Come In......

Comment

Question for yall Micro owners, is the image inverted on your monitor? I could find no way to get it upright without twisting the cable.

Comment

welcome to the forum

i wouldn't rotate the cable too much. i would just rotate the monitor 180 degrees.

what application are you using it on?

keep coming back, we need more input from the south.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Plumbergeek, My mother in law used to live in sharpsburg. And my wifes aunt owns a new Wings and Things off I think it was 34. That area is growing pretty quick.

Great to have you on the forum.

Josh

Comment

That might be a handy rev to inlcude in the next version of the Micro,...the ability to rotate the image 90 and/or 180 degrees so it would be right side up no matter which way you were holding it. That's a pretty simple trick in the video processing that would not require much of a change. A Video Out jack I think is on the wish list, add this feature while you are at it.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I found that wrapping the cable with one or two layers of electrical tape will overcome the erectile dysfunction. drawback is that it's impossible to get it back into the case, unless you remove tape.

Comment

Working...
                              X