Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing vcr to dvd

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and any help will be much appreciated.
    I have a monitor with VCR . I'm trying to find out if it's possible to replace the vcr to a dvd burner. People requests the video footage in cd or dvd. I'm using a video card to transfer from the vhs tape to digital files 9mpeg files) and then i burn them to a cd or dvd. It's becoming a time consuming issue.

Thanks everyone.
    sac

Re: replacing vcr to dvd

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/LCD-Monitor/index.htm

Comment

Hi Newman,

Thanks for the link. Do you know if I can convert the dvd burned from this monitor dvd combo into a digital file, preferable mpeg1 or avi?
      Or does this combo can burn the DVD into an mpeg file? If not, is there any software to do this easely?

Cheers,
      sac

Comment

It records to NTSC MPEG2, so you can play the DVD on a standard home DVD player...

You can also use something like this and connect your monitor via RCA (composite) and record direct to DVD...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827131042

Comment

Hi Newman,

Thanks a lot for the help. That clarifies almost everything. I'm sorry for not being very specific.
          my only ussue is that people wants mpeg1 and therefore I still have to do some manipulation to make it mpeg1 from mpeg2. That's the reason why I used the Radeon avi video card. I set the card to record in mpeg1 from the VHS tape. People still request CD and mpeg2 has a higher resolution.
          If I put mpeg2 in the cd, I'll only provide about 12 minutes of video footage where as mpeg1 approx. 70 minutes.

Do you know of any other hardware that would connect to the monitor and be able to record in mpeg1 and mpeg2?
          Once again, thanks a million.

Comment

there are also programs out there that will rip a dvd or selected tracks off a dvd to mpeg1 or even divx. I have one I use at work for ripping dvds of product videos. I'll try and post the link tomorrow. Works well and has been very stable for me. Plus I think its only like 20-30 bucks.

josh

Comment

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to make a VCD and not a DVD.
              You can use a device like this >>>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814144506

to capture directly from your Seesnake's monitor to a laptop hard drive in MPEG1/MPEG2.

Or if you want to convert an existing MPEG2 file to MPEG1, you can download lots of software to do that. Take a look here, lots of useful info >>>

http://www.videohelp.com

Comment

The software I was talking about is called ISofter DVD Ripper Delux 2.02005.912

rips to these formats

Divx (avi)
                Xvid (avi)
                AVI (custom)
                Video CD (.mpg)
                Super Video CD (.mpg)
                WMV (.wmv)
                ASF (.asf)

www.isofter.com its 35 bucks.

Does a good job on my system. Put the DVD in the drive run the software tell it what and where to write to. Then you have your file.

Hope this helps,

Josh

Comment

I have a color SeeSnake that the VCR is eating the tapes. We have taken the unit out and opened it up and cleaned every thing we can with rubbing alcohol, but still NG. We tried to hook up another basic VCR but could not get it to work. So rather than replace the old-tech VCR whats the most cost effictive up-grade? It could be CD or DVD. The TV work we are doing is too important to tape then loose when the tape gets munched.
                  Also, can any one tell me the right way to hook up another VCR for the short term? THANKS

Comment

We made our own power supply so we can hook up anything we want at any time.
                    TV/VCR
                    DVDR
                    laptop
                    "anything"
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have the same problem as Lenny,the vcr eating up the tapes at random.I kept the ridgid box only and hooked up a TV with a built in vcr,works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        We made our own power supply so we can hook up anything we want at any time.
                        TV/VCR
                        DVDR
                        laptop
                        "anything"
                        ridgid no longer has the power supply by itself anymore. i have 2 of them and i would also use it connected to a 9''tv,vcr. it worked great and was 1/10 the price of a ridgid tv,vcr. i did purchase the briefcase monitor, vcr for portability, but my 9'' tv is a much better picture and has better vcr features like a running time clock. i don't need a real clock, i need a running time, timer. this allows me to sync. my video with my notes and allow for a customer to fast forward to all the good stuff

i wish ridgid would incorporate this basic feature on their vcr's.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

How did you figure out which wires where which after cutting the end off?

Comment

It's been a long time since I checked back, and i still have the problem, a SEESnake that can Inspect but not record. I need an up-grade whats the best way?? Will RIDGID sell just the recorder from the new units? I'm afraid to buy the wrong thing.
                            Lenny

Comment

I used a digital recorder that takes the video in and records directly to MP4 format. I used for my inspection business, then I would email the video to clients. I paid 500+ for mine. If anyone is interested I am selling my 200ft SeeSnake with Digital recorder and Navitrak II, for 7K. I just got out of the business after I graduated college. Please pass it along to anyone.

Type Digital recorder into Google if you arelooking for one. FYI

Comment

Working...
                              X