Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Thumbs Down To Ridgid

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    I think he is up in Canada and ToolUp is USA based. Maybe that's why.
    Yes but they ship to Canada and at $210 you can pay a little extra for shipping. I'm not sure about the fees for tariff though which could be a deal breaker if controled.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Reeferman,

Sorry for your inconvenience. Hopefully you can acquire a unit through one of the outlets the forum has suggested.

The response on this product has obviously been amazing. They are selling as fast as we can get them to the distributors. We are doing everything we can to catch up. I see you are new to the forum and hope you stay around past this discussion. I think you'll find there are a lot of great people and bits of information here.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences in purchasing the SeeSnake micro. I hope those of you that have one are getting some great use out of it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I am still pretty pissed about this. I own alot of Rigid tools that I have bought over the years and never had this problem before. I do not want to buy it from a tool store 1500 miles away let alone from a another country. If I have problems with it ( if I ever get one) I want to be able to deal directly from where I bought it. Someone from Ridgid really ####ed up on this.

Comment

So basically what you are saying is you want to complain, complain, complain and ignore the fact that you could easily order one as I did and have it in two to three business days. I ordered from tool up based on the references given in this forum, had not a single problem.
          Last edited by Crappy days; 06-14-2007, 02:10 AM.
          THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by Reeferman View Post
            Thanks for the reply but I am still pretty pissed about this. I own alot of Rigid tools that I have bought over the years and never had this problem before. I do not want to buy it from a tool store 1500 miles away let alone from a another country. If I have problems with it ( if I ever get one) I want to be able to deal directly from where I bought it. Someone from Ridgid really ####ed up on this.
            I was the first one in my state to get one and I had to get mine off toolup.com
            I got mine in 3 days
            I now plan to buy most of my ridgid tools from toolup.com as they were great to work with

OR

I just looked and Ebay is full of em
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-14-2007, 03:30 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
              So basically what you are saying is you want to complain, complain, complain and ignore the fact that you could easily order one as I did and have it in two to three business days. I ordered from tool up based on the references given in this forum, had not a single problem.

Well let me see crappy, Ridgid has been running full page adds in all of the trade mags for months promoting the See Snake. Sure I could easily order one from Tool Up or some others from the US and pay about 50% or more for shipping,exchange, duty and brokerage. And if there is a problem with the unit turn around and do it again. Yeh I guess all I want to do is complain.

Comment

I just looked on the rigid website for Canadian based rigid suppliers, found about 15 to 20. I find it hard to believe that none are carrying the micro. Beside it sounds to me your problem is more with your suppliers than rigid. I know of at least 5 other plumbers in my area that have received the micro from local supply houses. And lets just say it is Rigid, after all they are a US based company. So big deal if you have t wait a couple of Weeks or even a month. If the demand is there than the supply will follow. I can see that as the saying goes patience is a virtue. To bad we aren't all born with this virtue.

Comment

By the way in your last post you proved my point. You said you did not want to pay the extra fees ordering from a US based web site. It is not Rigids fault your suppliers did not order in advance as so many others did. My local supplier had a sign up sheet for at least two months before the release date. I would have had to wait myself if I had not ordered from tool up.

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
                    By the way in your last post you proved my point. You said you did not want to pay the extra fees ordering from a US based web site. It is not Rigids fault your suppliers did not order in advance as so many others did. My local supplier had a sign up sheet for at least two months before the release date. I would have had to wait myself if I had not ordered from tool up.
                    Not sure what point it is that you proved? But why would I want to pay that much more and from a company that far away and have to deal with any warranty issues if they arrive? It may be that easy where you are at but not here. It was Ridgid running the adds not the suppliers. Ridgid could not and would not supply some of them up here. So who's fault is that?

Comment

That is funny, never heard of a public company with shareholder not wanting to make money. That is a new one to me. Well if it is such a problem I would get on top of it. You could probably make a great living importing Rigid tools. If you want it Bad enough then just buy it or stop complaining .

Comment

Originally posted by Reeferman View Post
                        Ridgid could not and would not supply some of them up here. So who's fault is that?
                        maybe ridgid never received orders for them?

maybe the suppliers have a history of non payment?
                        Brent

Comment

Reeferman, Do you work for Dewalt or is it Bosch.

Comment

Are you on Crack? Or would that be Meth.

Comment

guy's i know that the demand for this camera was more than could be supplied. the price was right and josh did a good job at giving us a sneak peak. all of the commotion created a feeding frenzy on this new camera.

i also know that the 3' extensions are still not available.

so it's possible that ridgid has not supplied enough cameras to your part of canada. out here they sell as fast as they come in.

i wouldn't worry about warranty issues. ridgid stands behind them, and it doesn't matter where you buy it. internet, store. all it matters is what the final cost is delivered to you in canada.

they list for $239 usd. work the numbers and see what it cost canadian.

personally, i've only used mine 1 time since april sorry joey/ josh
                              but my real seesnakes i use daily

hopefully this will calm down all the issues going on with this post.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

No drug use here Buddy. But if I was you I would think about taking some anti psychotic meds. It might help with your delusional thought process. I wish I lived in your world. It would be nice to escape from reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X