X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini or Compact?

Realistically, I do mostly residential drain cleaning with some commercial (typically restaurants) thrown in. Would the Compact fit the bill nicely? or would I be shorting myself. What are your real world opinions?

Re: Mini or Compact?

you would be shorting yourself and the customer with the compact. at 100' and no recorder it would be a waste.

the mini is good as it will push out up to 200'. unless you need the space or do 1.5'' lines, i would go with the full size seesnake.

the mini is not as stiff and will not push out as far. although i do own 2, it is not my first choice, unless the full size seesnake won't fit.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
      Realistically, I do mostly residential drain cleaning with some commercial (typically restaurants) thrown in. Would the Compact fit the bill nicely? or would I be shorting myself. What are your real world opinions?
      I have a mini and a full size self-leveling on my truck both with ToolCase monitors. If you are in a pinch and are just trying to save money the Compact might be a place to start but I think you will be disappointed. I feel you would be better off starting with the mini and adding a full size if needed down the road. The mini will do 90% of what you will need to do.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When I was looking into purchasing a camera several months ago. I had the same question. My Friend who had done most of my camera work, for many years. He told me the same things that Rick and Utah are saying. After several debates with him he loaned me a compact he had. It was dusty and had not been used for some time. After using it I came to the same conclusion as he had. If you can afford the mini that is what I would purchase. If you can afford the the full size also than even better. I ended up buying the full size self leveling , mini, color DVD monitor and rigid scout locater. Since purchasing the tools I have landed more work then if I had not had them. Not to mention almost all of the customers who have seen the equipment have been very impressed.
        THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

I think you would do fine to start out with the mini 200 ft color. It will do most residential stuff. and works well in comercial applications. Restraunts are going to be tough becauce of grease, can be hard to see when you get down the line. but could set up a jetting job for you. So be ready to get set up for that next , small gas power 4000 psi would be a good start there.

Comment

Like Rick and Utah said,I also own the mini,the full size and the full size self levelling color ridgid seesnakes.I almost only use the the full size,maybe once a month or so I use the small one just because it's so light to carry around .I just recently bought the 325' color self levelling camera,love it,but it is much heavier than the 200' one.Since I bought it 3 weeks ago I had the chance to run it out to 295' all down hill works great for me.So to sum it up I would at least buy the full size with 200' to start,you won't regret it.And like Crappy said the customers would also be pleased with the equipment.

As for grease lines or dirty lines,send it all the way out to some cleaner water and look at the line on the way back,much easier to see that way,you're not pushing into the sludge.Hope this helps.

Comment

What I want to know is. When is the mini going to be produced with a self leveling head. I know rigid is currently testing them as my friend has one. He has had it for at least six months. Josh do you know anything about the release date.
              THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

I only use my full size seesnake
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                X