X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Micro Seesnake

Since we are on the subject of the micro, I am doing a project right now where we have to identify the type of piping which was installed in the homes as it is mixed depending on what the plumber used on that day. The inspection company is trying to do the work through non-invasive means. They went out and spent $7,000 a piece on their new borescopes to look down the wall cavity.

On one of the houses they were having a hard time identifing what pipe it was by looking through the valve penetration of the tub/shower assembly. When they asked me to look through their borescope I had no better luck so I went to my truck and retrived my $200 micro and showed them what type of pipe it was.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark thats all good till your head falls off I cant see anything with mine.....rotflmao
      but yea, when it did work the picture was "GREAT"
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        Mark thats all good till your head falls off I cant see anything with mine.....rotflmao
        but yea, when it did work the picture was "GREAT"
        If my head ever falls off I will have a lot more problems than what type of pipe it is. Of course on the up side I will lose a lot of weight because the path from my mouth to my stomach will be missing.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          If my head ever falls off I will have a lot more problems than what type of pipe it is. Of course on the up side I will lose a lot of weight because the path from my mouth to my stomach will be missing.

Mark
          Just think of the money you will save

Comment

I don't have a micro, but after reading this thread I am wondering if putting a piece of shrink tube over the end and shrinking it down might reinforce the head a bit and keep this from happening. In fact you can easily get long lengths of shrink tube that would let you cover the whole exterior of the tube for only a few dollars.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I don't see that working as the shrink tube will flex. I think they need to just make the head out of Stainless Steal and the problem would go a way

They could just make a little cover out of Stainless Steal that would just snap on the head and save retooling.
              Now I want 5% for that Idea rotflmao

Comment

try my solution when u get the replacement (jacket the head)1/2"copper 2"long split down the side then cover with shrink tube.this does not correct the designe flaw but should keep it in one peice.

Comment

I saw your other post about it. Kinda some what like I posted above
                  I may give it a try when and if I get mine working again.

BTW..... the Heat from the shrink tube might cause a few other problems as these things are plastic!
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-16-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Guys, you really shouldn't have to make any modifications to the camera head to make it stronger. These camera heads are actually pretty strong right out of the box. You obviously don't want to force them into extremely tight spaces or put excessive force on them, but they are designed to hold up to most of the applications you are going to throw at them.

I can assure you that you will be pleased once you receive your new camera head cable. If your camera head broke that easily, there was probably something else wrong. Like our warranty says, if there is a defect in material or workmanship, we will replace it.

BTW - It's great to see the posts about the different applications you guys are using the See Snake micro for! Keep it up.

Comment

The picture I posted clearly shows that it is not a strong joint. We know that we shouldn't have to make any modifications to the camera head but, It dose not take much pressure to snap it off in your hand. I broke mine by trying to adjust the camera head and the cable is not all that strong as if you extend it out, it cant support it`s own weight with-out drooping.

Why are some of the camera head`s Black and some Orange? Mine was the Orange head and it snapped off real easily in my hand.

Not trying to pick anything with ya, but if you don't change the mounting of the heads they will continue to fall off like they are now.

Comment

All Clear broke his when he was looking for a lost G.I. Joe man in a toilet. That would seem like a very typical use for this tool. Unless the G.I Joe doll didn't want to be found and lopped the head off then it seems the design is flawed in some way.

Comment

Another guys borescope went down today and he bought a micro to "get by". That's three I've talked people in to just this week. I think I should get a commission. By the way all three of them had black heads.

Mark

Comment

All clear sewer,

I understand your concern. All I can ask is for you to wait until you get your new camera head. Once you do, report back to the forum what you think.

As far as the color goes. We made a made a few aesthetic changes to the product since its launch. The camera head and LED adjustment wheels are now black, and the Ridgid label has changed a bit.

Microman

Comment

Will do

Comment

Before

After

Thanks Ridgid Guy`s

Comment