Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See Snake Remote Transmitter vs Floating Sonde

Hi,

I am trying to locate a remote trasmitter in the ground, and I realize the floating transmitter is best used in septic tanks, but I am considering the use of either one. Or would this idea not work?

What frequency does the seeksnake rt operate on? Also, how much power does each output?

Thanks

Re: See Snake Remote Transmitter vs Floating Sonde

the floating sondes/ transmitters are really for flushing down the line and if needed to retrieve with the string. a septic tank was the main intent.

i would go for the regular one that attaches to a fish rod or a drain snake. better yet the one tthat is part of a seesnake is what i use 95% of the time.

the frequency is 512hz.

power is minimal and dependant on the material you have it in. but typically a camera will locate to 10' in cast and more in plastic or clay. the floating ones i think are only good for 5' or so.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

A floating sonde will only work on a septic system which is still flowing.

Along with the sondes in my SeeSnakes I also have one which attaches to adapters which snap right onto my sectional cable ends.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, did you end up getting a floating sonde??? If so how did it work for you??

I have a customer who wants to locate his septic tank (new homeowner, everything overgrown with grass)

tried metal detector and tile probes, but couldnt find the lid
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

No but the is often one on eBay if you really want one. I think I would use a sonde in the camera head befor using a flush type.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            No but the is often one on eBay if you really want one. I think I would use a sonde in the camera head befor using a flush type.

Mark
            Ya i agree, i was just wondering what kind of success people were having with them
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I locate septic tanks with my push rods with a sonde taped on the end. So far it works pretty good. I`m 6 & 0
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have used the flushable sondes, and they work very well for locating septic tanks. I have to admit that I have not used the Ridgid brand, but the blue ones. They usually lodge in the inlet baffle of the tank so you can get them back when youpunmp the tank.
                Backhoe58

www.rankinbackhoe.com

Comment

I missed the end of your retrieval technique on the flushable sonde. Did you say you flush it to retrieve it through the trap?

The reason I ask is I am thinking about buying one so I can do some plumbing locates with out pulling the toilet.

Thanks.

Hershall

http://utilitymole.com

Comment

You can put a string on it and drop it down the vent, then flush it down with water. When your done, pull it back with the string.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I know NOTHING about sondes. Don't even know if I say it right. I need to learn about them.

But my father has been a septic contractor for roughly 30 years. We have found tanks with a probing rod 99% of the time in 30 minutes or less.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        I know NOTHING about sondes. Don't even know if I say it right. I need to learn about them.

But my father has been a septic contractor for roughly 30 years. We have found tanks with a probing rod 99% of the time in 30 minutes or less.

J.C.
                        With the proper sonde and a Navitrack you could be 100% in less time.

Mark

Comment

Mark, are these flushable sondes reusable? On a string? Cost of sonde? Cost of locator? Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Mark, are these flushable sondes reusable? On a string? Cost of sonde? Cost of locator? Thanks.

J.C.
                            Yes they are retrievable via a string. As I don't look for septic tanks very often I have never bought one but it seems a guy on eBay has a bunch for sale at just under $100, The NaviTrack locator would cost around $1,900 but the Scout has fewer bells & whistles and is a little cheaper.

Mark

Comment

Thanks. Would be very useful locating lines. Might need to get them. But we do like the probing rod for septic tanks. 30 minutes or less. 50% of the time in 15 minutes. Costs less than 50 bucks. And employees seldom damage it.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X