X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Seesnake In Action

just got a good chance to use the micro on a real life job. i had a bidet that was leaking into the subterranean garage from the first floor. this bidet is set onto the floor and the marble was cut around it, making it next to impossible to remove it from the grout joint.

i used the camera to check way deep into the bidet at the front spray. since the micro has no way to capture a photo for the landlord to look at, i used my digital camera to take a picture of the micro and the front spray.

the actual leak was found on the mission band connecting the trap tail piece to the pop up assay. the band was actually connected to the pop up and not the threaded brass tail piece. since the bidet is set in marble it's not an easy fix. the band is as tight as i can make it and it still leaks.

photos attached.

rick.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Micro Seesnake In Action

While I hate to see when guys do that kind of work I'm glad you got to use your micro to find it.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

joey's glad too as i usually don't use her gifts i say i like to keep them clean.

when milwaukee first came out with their cordless hatchet, sawzall she tracked one down and bought it for my birthday it's still sitting on the shelf so as not to get dirty.

so mark for my next birthday, maybe you can give her a suggestion.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Looking at your second pic Rick it would appear that the mission clamp they used was not the correct one. Since the top worm clamp is tightened up so far I suspect the rubber does not have a step in it to accommodate the lessor different diameter of the tailpiece(or popup in this case). Guess we won't know until it comes apart.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X