Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 325'color self levelling head problems.......

I just started to notice that my self levelling color ridgid camera is going from color to black and white for no apparent reason.I had it inside a 4"cast iron pipe,about 40' out and then the picture stayed the same minus the color.I pushed it back and forth the color would sometimes come back sometimes not.I need the color for city inspections,without it the tape is useless.Any recommedations before sending it to Ridgid?By the way it's the 325' color self levelling one about 2 years old,never had a problem with it before.Thanx in advance.

Re: 325'color self levelling head problems.......

maybe silverbullet will run across this one. He should be able to help since he is x-tech service.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Pipe Bursting View Post
      I just started to notice that my self levelling color ridgid camera is going from color to black and white for no apparent reason.I had it inside a 4"cast iron pipe,about 40' out and then the picture stayed the same minus the color.I pushed it back and forth the color would sometimes come back sometimes not.I need the color for city inspections,without it the tape is useless.Any recommedations before sending it to Ridgid?By the way it's the 325' color self levelling one about 2 years old,never had a problem with it before.Thanx in advance.
      Do you have a backup monitor available to eliminate one or the other?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Do you have a backup monitor available to eliminate one or the other?

Mark

Yes I have tried with the other monitor,even tried a friends monitor.I di notice that when I have some running water in the pipe and pull on the camera(or just move it around ) it seems to make the problem worse.Maybe a loose wire is moved by the water?

Comment

i would think that the transmitter behind the camera has a short or a wire is on the verge of breaking internally. check for worn insulation.

remove the camera from the spring and plug it directly into the monitor to eliminate the other components. then add the transmitter and check again.

you can narrow it down pretty easy this way.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i would think that the transmitter behind the camera has a short or a wire is on the verge of breaking internally. check for worn insulation.

remove the camera from the spring and plug it directly into the monitor to eliminate the other components. then add the transmitter and check again.

you can narrow it down pretty easy this way.

rick.
            I will try that and let you guys know,thanx.

Comment

Pipe Bursting,
              How are you making out with your camera problem?
              I'm curious as mine is starting to act up under the same conditions but with mine the pic rolls.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Gene,
                It may take me a while to respond with any news on this problem....I am moving today,going on vacation for a couple of weeks,and have to get new internet provider at the new place.But I will le you know when I get back.

Comment

Moving then vacation, Good idea. When I was a kid I worked for a moving co for a very short time. Thats the worst job I ever had. Hard work and little pay plus the degenerates I worked with packed more into their pockets then in the truck.
                  Hope everything goes well and enjoy your vacation.
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

If the picture were cutting in and out I would look at connections, broken wires some where. A quick check is to take the camera head off the spring and un plugg the transmitter and plug camera directly into the monitor. That takes everything else out of the equation. If the picture is changing color, I would lean more toward the head than anything else.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X