Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a SeeSnake System

Hello Gents...,

My name is Brad and I am seriously considering buying a SeeSnake system to replace my Sreco System. If there are any of you that wish to sell and or if your selling then send me a fax at 626-303-5040

Calling me would be bad..... ;-D

Thank You.... & HELLO!
    Last edited by Brad Davis; 08-06-2007, 07:17 PM. Reason: edit

Re: Buying a SeeSnake System

We carry a full line of seesnakes, you can view on our website linked below. If you have any questions call us up and we would be happy to help you out with a new system.

M-F: 7:30-5:00EST - 800-242-4424
    Jay
    Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
    Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Tieger, I agree, I have 2 cameras and the upkeep can be expensive, especially now that we have had to tlower our cost to 295.00 to stay in the range of other "plumbers" who want to do everything dirt cheap with no respect to the trade.

I often thought about having a guy on speed dial, I know a guy, he does his for 100.00, if your another plumber

I figured it out this way, my cameras help me find problems right away, I can show my customers, I don't have to wait for another guy to show up, overall convenience is worht the money I have invested in my equipment, we buy tools to help make our life easier and our jobs more professional, our customers more comfortable.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        Tieger, I agree, I have 2 cameras and the upkeep can be expensive, especially now that we have had to tlower our cost to 295.00 to stay in the range of other "plumbers" who want to do everything dirt cheap with no respect to the trade.

I often thought about having a guy on speed dial, I know a guy, he does his for 100.00, if your another plumber

I figured it out this way, my cameras help me find problems right away, I can show my customers, I don't have to wait for another guy to show up, overall convenience is worht the money I have invested in my equipment, we buy tools to help make our life easier and our jobs more professional, our customers more comfortable.

Well put!!!
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I am a little different than you guys as I do consulting and not repairs. I charge an equipment charge of $250 for my camera and $250 for my locator. That rate is a daily charge whether I camera one line or ten lines per day. Still I had equipment charges of $15,000 on one six weeks project I did last summer and my total maintinance cost to date on both SeeSnakes after two-years is around $40 to replace the batteries in both ToolCase Monitors.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I am a little different than you guys as I do consulting and not repairs. I charge an equipment charge of $250 for my camera and $250 for my locator. That rate is a daily charge whether I camera one line or ten lines per day. Still I had equipment charges of $15,000 on one six weeks project I did last summer and my total maintinance cost to date on both SeeSnakes after two-years is around $40 to replace the batteries in both ToolCase Monitors.

Mark
            mark, glad you put it into perspective. tieger is so out of line it doesn't even pay to explain anything to him as he is the expert.

i guess owning 8 cameras and doing inspections longer than most including longer than ridgid has owned seesnake makes me a rookie.

with prices like his, why would he waste his time and money on posting. i guess he writes off his time while on the forum

glad he can pull it off in new york. he would be sitting for the phone to ring here at those prices.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

no one here has to talk big to fit in here ,we will figure out how much some one knows in do time . and we have seen them come and go with all the big talk .you don't have to talk big to fit in here [ except for dog ]
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

We're charging $250 for camera/locating. That's been our price for a couple of years now. I wonder what the average is?

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                  We're charging $250 for camera/locating. That's been our price for a couple of years now. I wonder what the average is?

Right around the average that i know of...im in the same area, a tad higher
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

We charge 285 an hour. If a problem is discovered and we correct the problem through snaking, replacement, whatever, then the camera inspection is free.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

$350 - 2 hour minimum then $150/hr

Credited towards dig up and replacement as neccesary

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        $350 - 2 hour minimum then $150/hr

Credited towards dig up and replacement as neccesary

I also credit the use of the camera towards a repair or replacement.

For 1 thing, this will weed out the people trying to get a free camera, or free information, if they are seriouse about getting the work done, they have no reason not to like the idea of getting the credit towards the repair.

The second thing, I look at it as tool that gets me the larger job.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Re: Hey Brad

Originally posted by Tieger plumbing
                          Brad, your on my plumbing list DUHHHHH how come you came here to buy a camera without at least posting this on the list?
                          Sylvan,LMP
                          >Because He WANTS a RIDGID SeeSnake and this is the RIDGID FORUM.
                          DUHHHHHH
                          FYI I bought a Micro engineering color camera (now My Tanya) and hate to be the one to inform you but there are a lot of folks out there giving FREE video inspections and if this is what your facing on the Left coast you had better take that into consideration.
                          Sylvan,LMP
                          >Irrelevant

I Charge $500 per inspection up to a half hr and the reasoning is as follows.($1,000 per hr)

I know what the equipment cost so I figure in wear and tear and I want the camera to be paid off with in 10 hrs of inspections. Figure it out $9,000 camera $1,800 locator it adds up and someone has to pay for it
                          (ever get your colon scoped ? same thing huh)
                          Sylvan,LMP
                          >>>Irrelevant again

The camera is "state of the art" meaning it will be obsolete within a year as soon as mine came out John Buck came out with the self leveling head and wanted to sell it to me as an extra to the camera I bought from him ( Microengineering) and he sold out to MyTanya a year later.
                          Sylvan,LMP
                          >> so you are using an "obsolete" camera? I mean, you bough that camera back in 2001. Let's not use "obsolete" equipment at $1k an hour.

The camera's being electronic cannot be handled by your average gorilla in the field and thus care has to be taken when using it.
                          Sylvan,LMP
                          >>>yeah I had the SAME problem when I bought a My-Tana at YOUR recommendation. I bought a pearpoint and had no problems with it (I am buying a seesnake in a few weeks)

Oh, Mr. T. You still have not learned to read thoroughly. I see that you skipped the part where Mr. Davis stated that he already owns a Sreco camera. So, he must know a thing or two about cameras hisowndamnself. Again, if you ever paid attention you would know that Mr. Davis is an active contributor to other discussion forums and is not the new kid on the block.
                          Last edited by ChrisConnor; 08-26-2007, 10:08 PM. Reason: I forgot something .

Comment

A few of the big dogs here offer free camera inspections , but these guys are more salesman than plumber .THey are going to sell the average person something while their there. You know the type . I have a market of about 800,000 potential customers . I don"t consider that terribly large . I am unfortunately resigned to charge a tool rental on top of my hourly with a two hour min. [250.00 total , 2 hours], for camera or line locate, same rate.This is Oklahoma .

Comment

Working...
                            X